Defense is good enough | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defense is good enough

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
To win a Super Bowl. I don't care what Anyone says they have the ability to keep Miami in every game. What we need is an offense who can score. If we had New England's or Houston's or Denver's or Baltimore's or Cincinnati's or heck most other team's offense Miami would be a top team.

This offseason we do need to find one good corner and one good DE but beyond that we need to devote most of our draft picks and FA finding playmakers on offense.

To win a Super Bowl. I don't care what Anyone says they have the ability to keep Miami in every game. What we need is an offense who can score. If we had New England's or Houston's or Denver's or Baltimore's or Cincinnati's or heck most other team's offense Miami would be a top team.

This offseason we do need to find one good corner and one good DE but beyond that we need to devote most of our draft picks and FA finding playmakers on offense.

which mean this defense isn't good enough to win a superbowl.

Give me a break......The score is 28........Zip..... What we just saw was one of the NFL's best playing one of the NFL's worst
Compared to RG111 and Andrew Luck...........Fannyhill is a mere shadow of their excellence.

Give me a break......The score is 28........Zip..... What we just saw was one of the NFL's best playing one of the NFL's worst
Compared to RG111 and Andrew Luck...........Fannyhill is a mere shadow of their excellence.

This is why I said we need offense. We just held New England to 28 points. With a good offense we could have won this game.

The defense is good enough to win games and make the playoffs. The defense doesn't need to be a SB defense. Offenses wins SB now. A lot of teams don't win the SB if their elite QBs don't make plays down the stretch. You also need a offense that puts up points. The defense has held teams in the low 20s or lower a lot this year and we still lose.

This is why I said we need offense. We just held New England to 28 points. With a good offense we could have won this game.

Ne probably could have scored more if they wanted holding a team to 28 points is nothing to crow about

25th in the nfl in interceptions, and 25th in fumble recovers. Yea, what a great ****ing defense.

Are you kidding me? This game was like watching a cat playing with a cornered rat before he kills it. New England could have put 14 to 21 more points on the board today if they had needed to do so. Our secondary stinks, our linebackers couldn't cover a tight end to save their lives, and our defensive line only shows up to play when it doesn't matter. Combine this with an offense that is akin to watching paint dry and I can only conclude that we are multiple years of great drafts away from being competitive in this league.

We have very few play makers apart from Bush. The Pats shut him down today, and we were shut out. No one else can make any plays.
RT struggled today because Belichick studied RT's scrambling tendencies and his throwing lanes. Rt needs to stand tall in the pocket sometimes instead of trying to run. Today was that day
Until we can beat New England at their house we will not win another super bowl. Our defense needs better DE's to improve pass rush and boundry running plays(odrick should be playing DT), corners (Smith can clean out his locker)and better safeties (Upgrade Clemmons and jones)
Our offense needs WR's, a big back, and another TE that can catch and run.
We are 8-10 players away of having an even chance at consistently beating the Pats IMHO,

Are you kidding me? This game was like watching a cat playing with a cornered rat before he kills it. New England could have put 14 to 21 more points on the board today if they had needed to do so. Our secondary stinks, our linebackers couldn't cover a tight end to save their lives, and our defensive line only shows up to play when it doesn't matter. Combine this with an offense that is akin to watching paint dry and I can only conclude that we are multiple years of great drafts away from being competitive in this league.

Dude my point is NOT that our defense is great. They do need to improve. But they are good enough to win. My point IS we need an offense that can score regularly like New England's to take the pressure off our defense. We need to focus our offseason on getting playmakers on the offensive side of the ball.

Defense is good enough? Really 28 to 0

28 points is nothing in today's game. Are you watching the Vikes and Pack? The only reason either one of those teams are contenders or even in today's game is because they have offenses that can score.

Back
Top Bottom