Defense Playing Hero Ball | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defense Playing Hero Ball

We have some talent. But when a guy stays man when it's clearly a zone and leaves Hopkins wide open that is on a player. I played with a guy like that on my team a few years ago. It wasn't he didn't know the call, he just didn't care. Do his own thing and injured me in the process. Are scheme is weak. The wide nine is a joke to run full time. Try different shades and fronts so we can stop the run. I personally like an attacking , aggressive Defense that can play multiple looks. We tackle poorly first contact. We clean up the mental errors and change the game plan to bilt more and get pressure we can do things. Tackle,block,create turnovers, score points.
What happened on the other 4 TDs? Were they on Jones as well?

Next Week, we find out that it was Miko Grimes wearing a Reshad Jones all along.

Seriously, I can't believe how many people are trying to demonize Jones as the problem with the defense.

It's a scheme/philosophy issue. The wide 9 doesn't work. DE's can't set the edge except for William Hayes. DT's don't hold blocks so the LBs can make tackles.

From a personnel standpoint, Raekwon Mcmillian appears to be a below average MLB. He needs an upgrade, we need another boundary corner across from Howard, and better defensive line play.

Cut anyone who fails to adhere to discipline. You don't like it. There's the door. Might as well cut Rashad Jones. Let a contender pick him up.

Matt Burke is the biggest problem of this defense right now. He’ll be gone Sunday 6 PM when Aaron Rodgers calls it a day.

I believe we have to scrap the wide 9 and go back to the 4 - 3 we used back in the early 2000's. Press coverage from the CB's and blitz often. I think we need more talent up front (DL) and another corner. The upgrade for the 4 - 3 should be easier than finding guys to play this wide 9.

I believe we have to scrap the wide 9 and go back to the 4 - 3 we used back in the early 2000's. Press coverage from the CB's and blitz often. I think we need more talent up front (DL) and another corner. The upgrade for the 4 - 3 should be easier than finding guys to play this wide 9.
I don't like the wide nine as a base D, but why can't we run different schemes as warranted by situation, or opponent?

Obviously, you don't have the personnel to run a 3-4, but there is no reason to play "wide nine" OL technique on every down. If you have players not intelligent enough to adapt, get different players. If you have a DC/HC that can't coach em up, replace them.

I don't like the wide nine as a base D, but why can't we run different schemes as warranted by situation, or opponent?

Obviously, you don't have the personnel to run a 3-4, but there is no reason to play "wide nine" OL technique on every down. If you have players not intelligent enough to adapt, get different players. If you have a DC/HC that can't coach em up, replace them.

They don't

Isn't our defensive scheme design to play with the lead......we never have the lead. Also, seems like whenever we do score the defense immediately gives up a scoring drive.

You need big LB's like NE for a wide 9, and your DE's need to set the edge better. Scheme or personnel? Both!

I realize that. I just see many here, and elsewhere, blame everything from missed tackles to polio on the scheme.

I'm just saying it really an oversimplification.
I'm saying, after the past couple of years this wide 9 is not effective week after week. We either don't have the personnel, or we can't coach it. It's time to move on.

Back
Top Bottom