Defense Will Shock You This Year... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defense Will Shock You This Year...

"Shock" is a tad too electric IMO. Flores is obviously a man with a plan
but ya gottta have all your chess pieces at the start of the game to have
any chance for a winning end game.

I agree in the sense I see our D being entertaining with a LOT of positive
signs and some real jolts. They could actually win us a game or 2.
But only if the stars are aligned in Scorpio or maybe Stegosaurus.

Beyond that I have no clue at this point. Though I would say anything
significant that Harris provides will be pretty "shocking."

Un-drafted free agent. Teams sign many of them after the traditional draft is over. Like a free for all.
Yeah, I know. My point was your mocking written tone about Miami's draft, yet your facts were wrong. So Cox will play some FB, and Gaskin is a RB. That's not a FB and multiple RBs. (???????LOLOLOL and stuff)

Also, I haven't seen any RBs signed by Miami on any confirmed UDFA lists.

I'm glad that everybody is having fun with my posts....:) Remember injuries are no excuse this year so those draft picks and UDFA's better pick up the slack if a starter goes down, AKA the New York Yankees........

I'm glad that everybody is having fun with my posts....:) Remember injuries are no excuse this year so those draft picks and UDFA's better pick up the slack if a starter goes down, AKA the New York Yankees........

But wait! Our tots have broken wheels and...

I honestly believe that our Defense is going to shock the NFL this year and have one of the most dramatic turnarounds in recent history. I get the feeling that A) Flores is going to find the best way to use Harris and he is finally going to live up to the 1st round potential. Even if we lose 12 games this year, our defense will keep them close and the L will strictly come from the Offenses inability to move the ball... or B) I could also be a punch-drunk homer who is blinded by team loyalty...going with (A) right now but high probability it could be (B)...who's with me??? (That and we haven't been able to cover a TE since the late 90's)...

Wouldn't shock me, although I am not going to get my expectations up. I think having a guy like Wilkins on the line will make everyone better. I think he'll draw so much blocking attention that our LBs should be free to run clean and make plays ... we'll get a much better idea about McMillan and Baker and the angles they take to the ballcarrier. Our secondary should be above-average. Biggest problem I see is a lack of a pass rush. Wilkins can create pressure up the middle, but there's no reason to believe in our guys on the outside just yet.

Of course, if our offense can at least drive the ball a little bit, that will help, too. Keep the pace of the game in the Dolphins' favor. Keep the defense from being on the field for 40 minutes.

"Defense Will Shock You This Year" My 1st thoughts reading that superb and brilliant headline. Can they stop the run? If not...meh! I'm not going overboard. Next few Draft will be the deciding fact it where the team is heading. This season is a question mark. It will be interesting.

Isn't that the Patriots way? And our HC was on the Patriots defensive staff.

I think the D will perform better than expected. I have hope that we'll have coaches that put players in schemes and positions to succeed. However, I think we will not be able to get to the QB as much as we need to for it to be a championship caliber D.

Back
Top Bottom