Defense Will Shock You This Year... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defense Will Shock You This Year...

Ledbetter weighed 280 when he ran the 40. He's not known for flat out 40 speed but he does have short area quickness and
strength.

Well 280 helps but that’s still a yuk time. I do think he looks a little twitchy on tape in probably a 10 yard box

I’d tell him to drop some weight cause I don’t see poa play being his meal ticket.

What the hell it's the off season.

In addition to having a shocking defense, we are going to have the #1 offense this year and Rosen will break Manning's TD pass record throwing for 60.
Only 60? ****, now I gotta re-do my pool entry at work.

I think everyone needs to pump the breaks on how good this team will be. I understand some people think things will change drastically from last year, but I honestly don’t think they’ll be anything special this coming season, maybe in 2020 when these players have jelled in the new system, but not this year. Going to see what happens with the defense when there’s no Wake on that front line wreaking havoc.

I honestly believe that our Defense is going to shock the NFL this year and have one of the most dramatic turnarounds in recent history. I get the feeling that A) Flores is going to find the best way to use Harris and he is finally going to live up to the 1st round potential. Even if we lose 12 games this year, our defense will keep them close and the L will strictly come from the Offenses inability to move the ball... or B) I could also be a punch-drunk homer who is blinded by team loyalty...going with (A) right now but high probability it could be (B)...who's with me??? (That and we haven't been able to cover a TE since the late 90's)...

I appreciate your enthusiasm. However, I have a couple of questions. Where is our pass rush going to come from? You think that all of a sudden Charles Harris is going to be a beast? What has he shown you that would lead you to that conclusion? Do you think we have enough good corners to lock down the passing game or put 6 quality dbs on the field at the same time as the patriots?

I think our defense will be better against the run and some areas that it was weak last year due to coaching, but the rebuild on that side of the ball needs another year imho before we can realistically expect results on the field. But I hope you r right!

The New England defense doesn’t really rely on edge rushers from the line...the linebackers do the passing rushing with the blitz.

Which is part of the reason their defense is so often exploited. They need to take risks.

They also can afford to take them because their offense is so good. They can gamble and if they get a couple of turnovers again, they win.

But look at the Giants teams that beat them in the Super Bowl. They could apply good pressure strictly with their front four. Seven guys in coverage. Having DTs who can collapse the pocket like I expect Wilkins to be able to are a huuuuuuuuge advantage. But you still need DEs who can set the edge. I am not confident we have any of those right now.

Which is part of the reason their defense is so often exploited. They need to take risks.

They also can afford to take them because their offense is so good. They can gamble and if they get a couple of turnovers again, they win.

But look at the Giants teams that beat them in the Super Bowl. They could apply good pressure strictly with their front four. Seven guys in coverage. Having DTs who can collapse the pocket like I expect Wilkins to be able to are a huuuuuuuuge advantage. But you still need DEs who can set the edge. I am not confident we have any of those right now.

That defense won the Super Bowl!

Idk about shock but it will be better then it was the last 2 years. Coaching means a world of difference

As far as our pass rush, I'd like to see Flores give Baker a pass rushing role. I thought he did a good job when given the opportunity last year.

Who’s gonna sack the QB?

Hopefully, we get a lot of coverage sacks. Unlike others, I'm not opposed to signing some veteran DEs to a one year contract though; I don't feel we have any long term prospects at the position.
There is nobody good left...lol ...Dion Jordan...lol

I think everyone needs to pump the breaks on how good this team will be. I understand some people think things will change drastically from last year, but I honestly don’t think they’ll be anything special this coming season, maybe in 2020 when these players have jelled in the new system, but not this year. Going to see what happens with the defense when there’s no Wake on that front line wreaking havoc.

Super Bowl... Now....

Oh I'm pretty sure that we will sign a rental or reclamation project player... maybe 2, but they'll ONLY start until such time as one of our youngsters steps forward.
Hell... we've got a TON of cap to spend... and a one year, 5 mil contract would be essentially meaningless.

Back
Top Bottom