Defense Will Shock You This Year... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defense Will Shock You This Year...

levv151

Scout Team
Reaction score
I honestly believe that our Defense is going to shock the NFL this year and have one of the most dramatic turnarounds in recent history. I get the feeling that A) Flores is going to find the best way to use Harris and he is finally going to live up to the 1st round potential. Even if we lose 12 games this year, our defense will keep them close and the L will strictly come from the Offenses inability to move the ball... or B) I could also be a punch-drunk homer who is blinded by team loyalty...going with (A) right now but high probability it could be (B)...who's with me??? (That and we haven't been able to cover a TE since the late 90's)...

I think if they stay healthy, the secondary could be fine, if not great, as long as they have someone step up to be that CB2.

As far as the rest of the D is concerned, I see a team that lacks the personnel to play 4-3 or 3-4. I just don't see them shocking anyone.

We messed up big time by not drafting a DE first, taking Wilkins...another DT. Montez Sweat could help our pass rush

The defense will be better because the coaching is better and no more of that wide 9 crap. But they still lack talent in the front 7. I think you will see a big jump from this upcoming season to the 2020 season though.

There is no question that our pass rush looks like it will be anemic, and that is gonna suck, but Wilkins looked like a major building block... Timbo style.
I've always believed in building from the inside out... and our DTs... were very bad.
Wilkins looks like a 3 down building block and we needed that.

There still isn't much of a pass rush, plus there are holes at OLB and CB. Better coaching will help but I think one more draft is needed

I hope so. I'm not convinced right now. But I am excited to see what Flores has up his sleeve on game day. He is the x-factor or chef in the kitchen. Turn this chicken **** into chicken salad please!

Back
Top Bottom