Defense's Priorities Out of Whack?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defense's Priorities Out of Whack??

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Here's a blurb from Len Pasquarelli's column.....

... And speaking of the Pro Bowl, some Miami veterans were suggesting to teammates this week that they have to win their big Monday night showdown with the streaking Philadelphia Eagles. And their rationale? No, not because they need a win to stay in the playoff chase, but because the game is the last shot they get to show their wares before leaguewide Pro Bowl voting next week.

I'd love to know where he got this.....who said it.....and if he's telling the "whole truth" here.

I like Len but maybe he's twisting a quote like, "This game is important for our season and its in prime time which could help some of us get in the Pro Bowl."

That's my suspicion too. At least I hope so.

Originally posted by Muck
Here's a blurb from Len Pasquarelli's column.....

I'd love to know where he got this.....who said it.....and if he's telling the "whole truth" here.

Actually thats why all players want to play in prime time. I don't care if they want to show thier stuff off, hell, let em play thier best game of the year... thats what we want anyway :lol:

Funny, there's about three articles today detailing how the Dolphins have no interest in the Pro Bowl right now....:dunno:

WHy should they? They are interested in playoffs and the SB.

I saw that too, I think Len is trying his best to save his career. Many people hate Miami, and this is a simple way of getting people to like him. I know a Miami player would never say that.

What's makes us so sure a Miami player wouldn't say this? All this talent yet we still can't find a way to play as a team.

Adewale Ogunleye said in a recent interview that he cares more about personal pride than his team winning, or something like that. I bet he feels this way since he is a free agent after this season, and a Pro Bowl appearance will help him get money.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Adewale Ogunleye said in a recent interview that he cares more about personal pride than his team winning, or something like that. I bet he feels this way since he is a free agent after this season, and a Pro Bowl appearance will help him get money.

yep, he's just like all the others that played opposite jt: took advantage of one on one's with rt's and cashed in. jt should get a cut.

I think that's kinda out of context. I mean, before you can make a positive contribution to your team.....you have to play to the utmost of your abilities. I mean, you gotta be a team player. But everybody has to do their job for the team concept to work (i.e. being accountable). That all ties into pride. At the end of the day, you have to be able to look yourself in the mirror and say, "I left it all on the field".

That's just me sticking up for Wally. Maybe he has alterior motives. But that's the way I'm choosing to interperate it. :tongue:

18. Rank what motivates you in order -- winning, money, fame, pleasing the coach, personal pride, the love of women?

``[Laughter] I'm going to be honest, OK? Personal pride is No. 1. Winning is second. Money is three. Fame. Women. Please the coach.''

I wont' believe it, I think he just twisted a quote around. Looking at each guy on the defense I wouldn't expect anyone to say it, they are just a bunch of nice guys, who are dedicated to the team. I mean, can you picture guys like taylor, thomas, or seau saying that?

If anyone.... if I had to pick one person, I would say it was Madison, but I doubt anyone said that.

what a bunch of crap. Football is a team sport, especially on D. Itt is tough to play well if you are out to make big plays to show off. But if you see Sam trying to jump routes and giving up big plays or JT taking a hard outside rush every play and letting McNabb and friends run right to his vacated gap, then maybe Len is right.

Back
Top Bottom