Defensive Ends | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defensive Ends

Phinz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Why are we paying D. Bowens 1,700,000, J. Williams 1,575,000 including bonuses. For a total of 3,275,000. When niether one of them are starting for us. I think we need to restructure one or both of there contracts and make one a starter across from J. Taylor if we decide to get rid of Ogun. Or am I the only one that sees this. I know we can't restructure for much but IMO every little bit helps. Also why are we paying Mcknight more than our #1, and current #2 receiver?

On the bright side if we wanted to keep Ogunleye we could make room for him by cutting one of those dudes and letting Otis Grigsby have a bigger role.

Originally posted by Phinz
Why are we paying D. Bowens 1,700,000, J. Williams 1,575,000 including bonuses. For a total of 3,275,000. When niether one of them are starting for us. I think we need to restructure one or both of there contracts and make one a starter across from J. Taylor if we decide to get rid of Ogun. Or am I the only one that sees this. I know we can't restructure for much but IMO every little bit helps. Also why are we paying Mcknight more than our #1, and current #2 receiver?

Veteran's minimum salaries are much higher than younger players'.

McKnight makes more than Chambers cuz CC is still under his 2nd round first contract. And Bowens was meant to be the starter instead of Ogun before he got injured 2 years ago.

I agree, I would love to keep Ogun on the other side of JT, but I don't think we can afford him to stay.

I understand the minimum payment thing for veterans but I think we may be paying too much for a third string receiver. Granted I like mcknight. We should bump him up to #3 or #4 since we are paying as if he were a starter. Well then we know who should start if we lose Ogun, right.

I'm good with that I'm not sure if that will be enough room though.

Need to keep Wally,tell Tim Bowens to take pay cut or adios (to many injuries not as dominant as many think, not getting a return for the money)Agree with D Bowens and J Williams ,but have to see how it affects cap.We need to trim the fat off this team,Marion,rework Sam,Olindo, if he won't deal sorry dude so long.( see;Houston ,New England 1),Rudy,Thompson ,Fletcher and so on.This team needs someone who has the ba*ls to shake things up ,no more mister nice guy .either produce or get out.Earn your pay.It's a cold buisness ,everyone thought Pats were nuts to do just that with they'r fat and look at the results.

I agree. I don't think we will be able to cut marion's salary too much, being that he is one of the top performers at his position. Sam however needs a huge pay cut or he has got to go, it's not that he is bad but he is gonna break us if we can't drop his pay. Mare used to be one of the best kickers in the league but I don't know what happened to him, maybe it's his holder I don't know. Also what about T. Bowens does he need to be payed that much? We need to start paying more for the players that have the biggest positive effect on this franchise, not on the players that were good at one time. If I were to base the pay on what the players did last year than I would not pay our O line for more than half of last season.

Wondering how many years are left on the contracts of for D. Bowens and J. Williams?

I ask, because it might be worth to asking one of them to take a pay cut cutting the other and signing Wale to a long contract...

Any other ideas and opinions?

They are both signed thru 2005. That might work but it all depends on how much Wale wants.

Jay Williams/Rob Burnett and to a lesser extent David Bowens all play a roll, although they are not starters. On passing downs, Timbo and Chester come out, and a combination of those three come in. Timbo and Chester suck at the pass rush(Except for against the Bills, they usually kill them pass rushing for some reason).

If we get rid of them, I think it's sort of essential we pick up some guys who arent particularly starter material, but have the ability to pass rush against a front 4.

Phinz- Marion made some decent plays, but he was a problem this year. He's not very good in converage anymore. And he's getting burned in coverage more then he's making an int or a big hit.

Understand I'm just trying to find money for us. Without spending anymore on defense. I see what you are saying about Marion though.

Wali and Taylor are great, but what good has it done us th last 2 years?

I say let Wali walk, let Bowens start (still a nice player) and get a #1 and #3 draft pick.

The cupboard is pretty bare, boys. We NEED more draft picks.

I'd take Bowens, two #1s and two #3 over Wali and just one 1st and 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom