Defensive Leadership? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defensive Leadership?

I think the idea of a singular leader is a little bit overblown. One of Flo’s strongest traits as a coach is his ability to get guys to buy in. Once you have guys truly invested, the rest always seems to take care of itself.

It sounds like Van Noy’s “leadership” wasn’t all that it was made out to be. And while I was a big fan of McCain’s mentality, if our young guys struggle due to his absence, then we have the wrong young guys.

All that being said, there are a few guys that can definitely fill that role. I do think that Wilkins has already started to establish himself as a leader, and I really believe that Holland will eventually become the Quarterback of this Defense. Brandon Jones also seems to have a leadership like mentality.
According to reports he was a great leader in his mind just not one on the field or in the locker room.

The biggest trait of Christian Wilkins was his leadership, how he made players around him better.

If you see him before games, at practice, after a win, he is fooling around, making jokes, being one of the guys...Just before a game, or during a game, see if he's all jokes, he may throw a joke here and there, but he is more intense, more focused, and will go over to a player that made a mistake.

Flo raved about Holland’s leadership traits like communication skills.

Not sure how much responsibility he will be given as rookie, but see him in that role by 2022 in the secondary.
He will be given as much as he can handle. I expect Holland to be calling our defense completely by the bye.

I DO believe that is why we brought in McKINNEY ... to be the HIGHTOWER in this defense ...

It’s something FLO hasn’t had here yet .... a reliable, solid MLB to captain the DEF ...

I just hope he can stay healthy and on the field ... 👍

He will be given as much as he can handle. I expect Holland to be calling our defense completely by the bye.
Maybe next year.

This is a complex defense, and I don't see Flo putting it all on an inexperienced rookie.

Not saying he can't, but still it is a lot to ask.

Maybe next year.

This is a complex defense, and I don't see Flo putting it all on an inexperienced rookie.

I agree. But I think he's going to pick it up quick. I do have lofty expectations for all the young guys. Flo is a great coach. He's done more with youth than most we've ever had. As long as we get a regular off season. I see major advancements in development.

Maybe next year.

Unless Flo is still in 'rebuild' and is willing to suffer through a rookie learning curve. Personally, I think Flo wants to win

I think holland and phillips will bring lots of leadership to this defense for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom