Defensive Line Coach Marion Hobby On Christian Wilkins' Strengths Personality 5/10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defensive Line Coach Marion Hobby On Christian Wilkins' Strengths Personality 5/10

Thanks for posting.

He all but confirmed that we will be playing a 3-4 Defense and Wilkins will be playing as 5T End.

Whew, now I feel better about the pick overall.

Thanks for posting.

He all but confirmed that we will be playing a 3-4 Defense and Wilkins will be playing as 5T End.

Or at least a decent amount of time there.

Initial impression of Coach Hobby, I like him. Really want to see him coaching in action.

I watched a BUNCH of these coach interviews. Almost none of them even uttered the phrase "Miami Dolphins" and even then only once. But, Marion Hobby was my favorite interview, and he's a coach for whom I have a lot of respect. I'm anticipating this being a good unit, despite us being a bit undermanned across the DL at the moment.

I watched a BUNCH of these coach interviews. Almost none of them even uttered the phrase "Miami Dolphins" and even then only once. But, Marion Hobby was my favorite interview, and he's a coach for whom I have a lot of respect. I'm anticipating this being a good unit, despite us being a bit undermanned across the DL at the moment.

Digital you're going to have to relax on the Miami Dolphins branding this early into things.
Let these guys get on the field and start coaching this team up.

I'd rather they're great at that part instead on Miami Dolphins ever 2 seconds..

Everyone talks good about the kid. He's a great person but he can play too. He was a player I was hoping we'd draft and I'm rooting for him all the way.

Digital you're going to have to relax on the Miami Dolphins branding this early into things.
Let these guys get on the field and start coaching this team up.

I'd rather they're great at that part instead on Miami Dolphins ever 2 seconds..
Nope.

I am well within my rights to demand a winner and give him no benefit of the doubt. He chooses to build his team separate from the Miami Dolphins traditions and history, that's fine … but I cling tightly to the Perfect Season, the winningest coach in NFL history--Don Shula, and the greatest QB of all time--Dan Marino.

It's fine if he wants us to just ignore all that … but it is not going to endear him to me. He gets what he gets. He owes me nothing … and he owes the Dolphins nothing … but lack of respect is not something I reward.

Nope.

I am well within my rights to demand a winner and give him no benefit of the doubt. He chooses to build his team separate from the Miami Dolphins traditions and history, that's fine … but I cling tightly to the Perfect Season, the winningest coach in NFL history--Don Shula, and the greatest QB of all time--Dan Marino.

It's fine if he wants us to just ignore all that … but it is not going to endear him to me. He gets what he gets. He owes me nothing … and he owes the Dolphins nothing … but lack of respect is not something I reward.

Well, you continue playing the word count games and see how many times they say "Miami Dolphins." I'll instead focus on what they're actually saying.

Well, you continue playing the word count games and see how many times they say "Miami Dolphins." I'll instead focus on what they're actually saying.
I listened to what they were saying. I also noticed what they didn't say. It's no different than a free agent who never mentions re-signing with the team or being there next year … the absence of the words mean something too.

You know I'm interested in what they say, but ever since Flores stressed that there are only 32 of these openings, without respecting the city or franchise, while he showered Kraft and the Patriots with praise … it has been noticed. Now, it's happening too many times and too consistently to be an oversight … it's a choice. If they move the franchise to London, hey, they laid the groundwork … and I do NOT think that will happen … but damn man, he's really going out of his way to NOT call these players Dolphins, to NOT complement the city, to NOT praise our history or tradition. If it's just a job to him … that's not enough, IMHO.

Thanks for posting.

I think you are reading into that a little bit. They started talking about his sophomore year and due to injury him having to play end. Then the interviewer asked specific 34 questions. So he gave specific 34 end answers.

Only thing I did take from it in that regard is he did say it would be hard to recognize what we are in which will probably be disguise based my read on it. Or guys moving around pre snap in and out of gaps etc. multiple fronts with decoys

Last edited:
I mean, Im as much of a fan as anyone here, hell I named my dog Miami FFS(Try to explain that **** when you live in Montreal lol)... But Im still perfectly fine with the lack of emphasis on the Miami Dolphins brand in PCs at this point... Its not like the 2K+ Fins are anything to be proud of anyway, just win and the brand will come organically...

The Miami Dolphins branding has done so well with all the other coaches... Actually, the Dolphins branding has done great for opposing teams and agents using the Miami concept as a bargaining tool. You know what, build their team how they want, win playoffs, make it to the Super Bowl, then everyone will know it's the Miami Dolphins.

The Miami Dolphins branding has done so well with all the other coaches... Actually, the Dolphins branding has done great for opposing teams and agents using the Miami concept as a bargaining tool. You know what, build their team how they want, win playoffs, make it to the Super Bowl, then everyone will know it's the Miami Dolphins.
Hey, support what/who you want … but the tradition and accomplishments of the past bond me to this franchise. It matters to me. I get it …. it may not matter to you. But it does to me.

I grew up watching the Miami Dolphins. Rooting for the Miami Dolphins. Not some random generic let's build something new in this …. whatever city it is that's not as good as Boston. That's how it feels every time he avoids saying Miami or Dolphins. Hey, good luck, if he's the coach of a new Canadian football team … its all the same to him, just that this gig gets him a chance to prove himself on the big stage …. whatever city/franchise/paycheck it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom