Defensive Player of the Month ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defensive Player of the Month ?

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Jason Taylor won the Defensive Player of the Month for October - when was the last time a Phin DLmen won the award and who was it ?

This is from www.miamidolphins.com :

Overall, since the NFL first instituted this award in 1984, Taylor is the seventh Dolphin to be named AFC Defensive Player of the Month and the second lineman. Defensive end Jeff Cross was named Defensive Player of the Month for October of 1990, along with Dolphins linebacker John Offerdahl, as they shared the award that month.

marco won the award for the year in 95 and if he got it for the year, i'm sure he must have gotten it for al least one month in that span. my records are from the 2001 dolphin media guide!

Are you sure you're not looking at Annual Dolphin Award winners? Marco Coleman won the Outstanding Defensive Lineman Award in '95, named by the S. Fla. media, not the NFL. Bryce Paup was named the NFL Defensive Player of the Year for 1995 by the NFL. I have Dolphin media guides too, inside they have a page for Dolphins who have won NFL Player of the Week, or Month. Dan Marino and T-Buck were the only award winners in '95. It also shows Cross and Offerdahl sharing Defensive Player of the Month honors in October of '90.

Originally posted by relive1972
Are you sure you're not looking at Annual Dolphin Award winners? Marco Coleman won the Outstanding Defensive Lineman Award in '95, named by the S. Fla. media, not the NFL. Bryce Paup was named the NFL Defensive Player of the Year for 1995 by the NFL. I have Dolphin media guides too, inside they have a page for Dolphins who have won NFL Player of the Week, or Month. Dan Marino and T-Buck were the only award winners in '95. It also shows Cross and Offerdahl sharing Defensive Player of the Month honors in October of '90.
yeah, it was the team award, i thought tahats what he wanted!:rolleyes:

AFC Def Player of the Month ...

Taylor is the seventh Dolphin to win the honor since 1984 and the first since Brock Marion last season. He joins Jeff Cross as the only Dolphin defensive linemen to win the award. Cross and John Offerdahl shared the award in October 1990.

Back
Top Bottom