Defensive Player of the Year a Lock!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defensive Player of the Year a Lock!!!!

I hope so... other than merriman in SD, who else would even be in the running?

It was nice to hear the guys doing the game for CBS today endorse JT for the award though

brandon27 said:

It was nice to hear the guys doing the game for CBS today endorse JT for the award though

Merriman wouldn't get it anyways due to his suspension

he should win it, idk if he will but i deff think hes in a good spot for it.

brandon27 said:

Probably Urlacher.

At the begining of this year there was a thread out there saying that JT and Zach need to retire or be traded...... JT is a beast and deserves to be DPOY!! And he still has another 5 years in him at least!!

Well, I think that Taylor should win it, however I think the teams record is going to hinder him. It is unfair, but sometimes this award goes to the best player on the best defense...with a winning record.

kashbo said:
man wat a performance by JT today hes defietely goin to win The award

First - I agree that there is no doubt, imo, that JT deserves the award as Defensive Player of the year - above all others. Before he even had a sack, he was constantly in Brady's face and essentially destroyed the Pats passing attack.

Second - He is not "definitely going to win" - regardless of whether he deserves to or not. This award is "subjective" - meaning that voters really have to see him and know what he's doing. Half the guys who vote on this will only look at statistics. Add to that, with SD and the Bears having great years, Merriman and Urlacher will get more pub. Plus, with 3 games still to go (4 for SM and BU) there may be a chance for those others to make some huge plays in big games and that could push people in that direction.

Third, does anyone know how to spell "definitely?" This one looks like a bit of a "typo". But, whether it's "defietely" or the oft used "difinately" - the correct spelling is definitely. :D

I wish I could be as optimistic as you are. JT is having a great year but he has had little primetime exposure so many of the voters may not see how dominate he has been.
Early in the year it was Shawne Merryman. Then it was Julius Peppers. Now it's Jason.

JT's athleticism is off the charts. No one can contrain him and I definitely think he's in the running for the award. The only problem, is anyone paying attention to JT's domination being that the Dolphins started off so crappy. I hope the team not making the playoffs doesn't hurt his chances for the award!

Back
Top Bottom