Deion Sanders: Stop saying that Tua Tagovailoa is 'injury prone' | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deion Sanders: Stop saying that Tua Tagovailoa is 'injury prone'

Well there are guys like me out there who think his injury history is more than concerning given the pick used to draft him.

I don't like the term "injury prone" because frankly every single NFL player is one bad play away from a career ending injury and some of that is just bad luck. I mean just look at Alex Smith, dude was never injured and then almost lost his leg.
So dismissing Tua's injury history is overlooking reality, saying he's going to break and not have a fruitful career is also being short-sighted since no one really knows.

If your a Miami fan of any magnitude I know one thing, you're now rooting for the kid to break all of Marino's records because if he does chances are we won a few Super Bowls along the way.
Dan can keep the records. Ill take "championships for a thousand Alex"

The best CB I've ever seen. One of the worst TV personalities I've ever seen.
Him and Revis were the best I’ve seen, I only like Deion as a personality when he’s on the field at the combine dissecting the young corners, that’s must see tv, really.. in a studio no thank you.

Broken left index finger (March 2018; no games missed)

Sprained right knee (October 2018; no games missed)

Left high ankle sprain (December 2018; surgery; no games missed)

Right high ankle sprain (October 2019; surgery; 1 game missed)

Dislocated right hip with posterior acetabular wall fracture (November 2019; surgery; missed final 3.5 games

while he has an injury history, does that automatically mean hes injury prone? id think youd have to take a look at the individual incidents and how the injury ocurred...the hip is obviously the most serious injury he had and its still yet to be seen how he comes back from it but the 4 injuries before it werent anything too serious. Guys get listed on the injury report every week during the season with similar injuries like sprainer ankles and knees, dislocated fingers...i mean a 300lb lineman stepping on a foot could cause bruising, broken toes, twisted/sprained ankles etc...you fall and try to catch yourself and sprain a wrist or a helmet hits your hand...stuff like this can happen to anyone at any time...

like i said while tuas got an injury history and it cant be dismissed i also dont think we can affirmatively say hes made of glass at this point in time...

Didn't we already spend several months on this debate, leading up to the draft?

At least then it was a valid arguement as to whether or not to spend a high pick.

What's the point now?
To be fair there arent a whole lot of things to discuss right now...I think this debate is more about how you define injury prone than anything else... Same as arguing if QB X is franchise or elite or both and whatever...

Way I see it, even if he was/is injury prone, it's still not very useful information as the predictive value of any kind of past injury history is almost useless...

The best CB I've ever seen. One of the worst TV personalities I've ever seen.
Agree 100%. Lol. He may in fact be the worst when you consider how great a player he was. Apparently talent on the field doesn’t translate to anything meaningful on tv.

To be fair there arent a whole lot of things to discuss right now...I think this debate is more about how you define injury prone than anything else... Same as arguing if QB X is franchise or elite or both and whatever...

Way I see it, even if he was/is injury prone, it's still not very useful information as the predictive value of any kind of past injury history is almost useless...
Interesting that you equate it with terms like elite, and franchise, in that there is no real, clear definition for any of those terms, including "injury prone".

I guess I take the view that once we drafted him, his injury history is no longer relavent. It's a done deal, and he starts fresh as far as I'm concerned.

Didn't we already spend several months on this debate, leading up to the draft?

At least then it was a valid arguement as to whether or not to spend a high pick.

What's the point now?
Yep. Guy got injured often in College. Ok. Now he's in the NFL and he's our guy. It's ride or die time with Tua and lets hope he turns into Brett Favre.

I think the best post I’ve ever seen in regards to this topic is would you rather have.....

Carson Wentz
Deshaun Waston

or

Mitch Trubisky

Because if you want healthy you can have Mitch Trubisky, or you can have a super talented guy to lead your franchise who has some injury questions like Watson or Wentz.

Back
Top Bottom