Deiter Lands Major Big Ten Honor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deiter Lands Major Big Ten Honor

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Deiter was joined at guard on the All-Big Ten All-Decade Team by Dan Feeney from Indiana (now with the L.A. Chargers) and current Ohio State guard Wyatt Davis.
The other members of the All-Decade Team were Michigan tackle Taylor Lewan (now with the Tennessee Titans), Iowa tackle Brandon Scherff (Washington) and Ohio State center Billy Price (Bengals).
During his time at Wisconsin, Deiter started all 54 games — 24 at left guard, 16 at center and 14 at left tackle — he played. His 54 starts were the most in school history and second in Big Ten history.

Deiter was named first-team All-Big Ten twice, and was first-team All-American and Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year in 2018 before the Dolphins selected him in the third round of the 2019 NFL draft.
As a rookie in the NFL, Deiter started 15 games, though he saw his streak of consecutive starts (which had begun in high school) end in December.

I hope with some improved pieces on the line that he performs better than he did last season. I haven't given up on him yet, hes going to have to fight for a starting role.
Sometimes brother it takes better talent around you to help you elevate your own game. Keeping the faith that he gets better and excels. :ffic:

awesome accolades for Deiter. And i said the same thing about Deiter, hopefully once the pieces around him are better he'll improve. Two different worlds but same circumstances. In HS I never wanted to come out even when we were kicking the **** out of teams (i think we gave up 3 TD's all season my senior year so this was often) When i was lining up beside guys who were getting scholarship offers my play was on point. During blow outs we'd have 3rd string wide recievers playing dline just so they could hit. I was having to be more focused on calling the DLine and positioning everyone. The only time i was every put on skates is because i was trying to yell at the guy to might right to back up (he was lining up about a yard offsides for the 3rd time in a row), and yelling at the guy to the left of me to get the heck out of the gap, trying to do everything in my power to let him know a backer was blitzing his gap without telling the OL that.

This is hopefully all Dieter needs, is to go out there and worry about himself. If he still doesnt pan out with talent beside him, then maybe he is the issue, but at least we will have clarity on it.

Deiter was joined at guard on the All-Big Ten All-Decade Team by Dan Feeney from Indiana (now with the L.A. Chargers) and current Ohio State guard Wyatt Davis.
The other members of the All-Decade Team were Michigan tackle Taylor Lewan (now with the Tennessee Titans), Iowa tackle Brandon Scherff (Washington) and Ohio State center Billy Price (Bengals).
During his time at Wisconsin, Deiter started all 54 games — 24 at left guard, 16 at center and 14 at left tackle — he played. His 54 starts were the most in school history and second in Big Ten history.

Deiter was named first-team All-Big Ten twice, and was first-team All-American and Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year in 2018 before the Dolphins selected him in the third round of the 2019 NFL draft.
As a rookie in the NFL, Deiter started 15 games, though he saw his streak of consecutive starts (which had begun in high school) end in December.
Thanks. I had forgotten his experience is all left side. Gard to now play RG. Hope he can do well at C

I was really hoping to see more from him last year.If he had showed the Fins more maybe they don't sign Flowers.

Now he is in a fight at RG with Hunt and Kindley. He should have a leg up on them since he has a year under his belt and the rookies are not likely to get a real training camp.

I believe he played some Center at Wisconsin, maybe he can eventually help Miami there.

Hope we honor him in Miami soon....he played on the left in Miami

Dieters college experience (extensive, 54 starts) but all LT, LG, and C. Only 16 at center ( see finfancali post). Months ago one of our brief vet lineman said it was very hard to switch sides. If he starts he must make it at C It seems to me.

Dieter should improve this year. He can play Any guard position or center. Flowers will probably start a LG but could also play RG as a veteran. They will keep Flowers on the left side because of Austin Jackson at LT being a rookie. Don't forget Karras can also play RG so if Deiter is a better center Karras can move to RG and Hunt can play RT. Jessie Davis is best coming off the bench. He has been in the league many years and is average player at his best.

Back
Top Bottom