Dekoda Watson worked out for Jaguars, Dolphins, Patriots, Saints | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dekoda Watson worked out for Jaguars, Dolphins, Patriots, Saints

Dolphins24

Practice Squad
Reaction score
dekodawatson-1.jpg

Florida State linebacker Dekoda Watson has conducted private workouts with the Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots and the New Orleans Saints, according to an NFL source.

Watson has also drawn interest from the Baltimore Ravens and the Oakland Raiders.

Watson is one of the most athletic players in the NFL draft. Most NFL teams regard him as a true weakside linebacker.

The 6-foot-2, 226-pounder ran the 40-yard dash in 4.40 and 4.46 seconds at his Pro Day workout. He dropped 14 pounds since the NFL scouting combine.

“I felt like I was a lot more comfortable here than what I was at the combine, where I didn’t know anybody," Watson said following the workout. "Now I’m home with a lot of guys I played with and I’m used to seeing, like Mickey Andrews. It’s a good feeling to come out here and perform.

“I was definitely interested in posting a better number, because I didn’t feel like I ran like I was supposed to at the combine. I wasn’t comfortable with the surroundings and the setting and looking at the film from the combine, I noticed that my knee lift wasn’t where it was supposed to be and knocked my 40 time down at the combine. As long as it was in that 4.4 range, I can’t be mad.”

Watson improved his three-cone drill to 6.84 seconds

He has also posted a 40-inch vertical leap, an 11-02 broad jump and bench pressed 225 pounds 24 times.

He met with several teams at the combine, including the Philadelphia Eagles, Tennessee Titans, Kansas City Chiefs, Carolina Panthers and the Minnesota Vikings.

Last season, Watson registered 65 tackles, 13 for losses and six sacks.

Source: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...out-for-Jaguars-Dolphins-Patriots-Saints.html

Back
Top Bottom