Delaine Walker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Delaine Walker

Joey 22

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know very little on this guy all I know is that he is from Central Missouri State and that he is 6-2 240 and plays WR, damn that sounds to me like a heck of an H-Back, he is rated as the 29th WR on the draft so that means border line beetween draftable and FA lets say a part is beacause of being slow ( he obvoiusly is, I dont have a number but a 240 pounds WR) and from a small school, many teams may project him to RB or H Backand he may have a chance to be a 6th or 7th rounder, I really dont know much about him and I post this so anyone with some info on him could tell me some thing about this kid, his size and the position he plays made me wonder.

Were gonna need a WR in the draft, hopefully late. He sounds like a big target.Heres what I found-

Delanie Walker
WR | (6'1", 229, 4.5) | CENTRAL MISSOURI STATE

Strengths: Possesses excellent size. Plays with great toughness, fights for the ball while it's in the air and isn't afraid to go over the middle. Doesn't get pushed around much and can get a clean release working against press coverage. Runs with excellent power, shows adequate vision with ball in hands and can be productive after the catch as well as running reverses. Plays with a mean steak, has good upper body strength and can be an effective blocker. Can return punts and has the potential to develop into a quality special teams' player.

Weaknesses: Doesn't always catch the ball way from frame, appears to lose focus at times and drops some passes that should catch. Doesn't explode out of cuts, doesn't set defensive backs up well and isn't a great short-to-intermediate route-runner. Lacks ideal recognition skills and has problems locating the soft spot working against zone coverage. Played at small schools and there is some concern about ability to adjust to a higher level of competition. Missed three games with a sprained knee in 2003 and durability is a minor concern.

Overall: Walker committed to UTEP in high school but he attended Mt. San Antonio College in California for two years instead and he transferred to Central Missouri State in 2004. He started 11 games in 2004 catching 48 passes for a total of 623 yards and four touchdowns. Walker also returned 18 kickoffs for a total of 530 yards and two touchdowns and carried the ball 21 times for a total of 183 yards and two touchdowns that year. For his efforts, he was named All-MIAA as both a receiver and a kickoff return-man. Walker is a small-school prospect with a lot of room to improve in terms of his route-running skills. He is unpolished and does not possess consistent hands. However, he is big, strong and physical. His potential to develop into a sub-package possession receiver in the NFL should attract the attention of several teams in the later rounds of the 2006 draft.

I want us to take Jeremy Bloom of Colorado as our receiver, maybe in the 4th round.

Back
Top Bottom