Deleted DeShon Elliot tweet. | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deleted DeShon Elliot tweet.

What am I missing?
Not much. Just seems our safeties like to use Twitter to create controversy. First Elliot now Holland chiming in on the Lamar situation.

Entitled to their opinion obviously.

Anyways when's the draft? Should move March Madness to Aprils Fools. At least March has FA to keep us busy.

April,, man I am bored. Don't mind me lol

Not much. Just seems our safeties like to use Twitter to create controversy. First Elliot now Holland chiming in on the Lamar situation.

Entitled to their opinion obviously.

Anyways when's the draft? Should move March Madness to Aprils Fools. At least March has FA to keep us busy.

April,, man I am bored. Don't mind me lol
I guess but I don't see it like that at all. I see this as players who are sticking together. It's clear to me that the owners are in this situation. Elliot tweet was flat out wrong.

I guess but I don't see it like that at all. I see this as players who are sticking together. It's clear to me that the owners are in this situation. Elliot tweet was flat out wrong.
Yeah but I am still bored. Aren't you? When is the first optional practice thing, April 6 or 8?

Do we even know that page is actually jevon Holland? If it is I do agree about players sticking together but I disagree completely on the owners collaborating on this. Lamar Jackson is not worth 2 first round draft picks on top of the ridiculous contract he wants to sign. That's it. No collusion, no hidden agenda, Lamar is just not worth that.

I’m with you on this. They know if it works for Lamar then it can work for them

Do we even know that page is actually jevon Holland? If it is I do agree about players sticking together but I disagree completely on the owners collaborating on this. Lamar Jackson is not worth 2 first round draft picks on top of the ridiculous contract he wants to sign. That's it. No collusion, no hidden agenda, Lamar is just not worth that.
You are free to have your own opinion, you can either choose to see it or choose not to see it. Derek Carr hit free agency, I don’t recall any team coming straight out saying they will not persue him, same for Jimmy G nothing was said. The issue isn’t about signing him, it’s the fact you don’t even want to have a conversation with him? I can assure their isn’t 32 QB’s better than him, so something is definitely off.

You are free to have your own opinion, you can either choose to see it or choose not to see it. Derek Carr hit free agency, I don’t recall any team coming straight out saying they will not persue him, same for Jimmy G nothing was said. The issue isn’t about signing him, it’s the fact you don’t even want to have a conversation with him? I can assure their isn’t 32 QB’s better than him, so something is definitely off.
If he were a free agent then I'm sure he would have suitors. Nobody is going to pay the price needed so Baltimore doesn't match it when it would also cost them 2 first round picks. Lamar messed up when he didn't capitalize on his MVP season. He still expects to be paid as if he is that MVP player when he hasn't been anything close to that level since.

Of course I think he's better than some of the starting QBs in the NFL. I also think any team signing him would set their franchise back because of the cost to acquire him. Also you can't say you are entitled to your own opinion BUT you can choose to see it or not see it lol. You are choosing to ignore all of the other points against Lamar and why teams would not want be interested in him. There are plenty of logical reasons for this happening without it being a conspiracy

If he were a free agent then I'm sure he would have suitors. Nobody is going to pay the price needed so Baltimore doesn't match it when it would also cost them 2 first round picks. Lamar messed up when he didn't capitalize on his MVP season. He still expects to be paid as if he is that MVP player when he hasn't been anything close to that level since.

Of course I think he's better than some of the starting QBs in the NFL. I also think any team signing him would set their franchise back because of the cost to acquire him. Also you can't say you are entitled to your own opinion BUT you can choose to see it or not see it lol. You are choosing to ignore all of the other points against Lamar and why teams would not want be interested in him. There are plenty of logical reasons for this happening without it being a conspiracy
While hearing you I specifically asked, when Derek Car and Jimmy G hit the market, why didn't those teams announce they would not be signing them? That has never happened before? The Texans received 3 1s and 2 additional picks for Watson, Dolphins received 3 first-round picks from the 49ers to draft an unproven quarterback, and the Lions received two first-round and a 3rd for Matt Stafford who was well over 30. So paying the price of only 2 first round picks seems reasonable based on the examples above. There is no doubt that the position of QB is the most important in the game, so for a team not to even have a discussion with this man seems strange to me. In my opinion, him being an MVP is a big deal. I am not sure why it is so easily dismissed when it comes to him. When he won back in 2019, he received all 50 votes, something that has only happened once before in history. Obviously, not every team needs him, but those that missed out on Watson should at least inquire. The only logical explanation would be the owners' unwillingness to set precedent to guarantee all contracts.

While hearing you I specifically asked, when Derek Car and Jimmy G hit the market, why didn't those teams announce they would not be signing them? That has never happened before? The Texans received 3 1s and 2 additional picks for Watson, Dolphins received 3 first-round picks from the 49ers to draft an unproven quarterback, and the Lions received two first-round and a 3rd for Matt Stafford who was well over 30. So paying the price of only 2 first round picks seems reasonable based on the examples above. There is no doubt that the position of QB is the most important in the game, so for a team not to even have a discussion with this man seems strange to me. In my opinion, him being an MVP is a big deal. I am not sure why it is so easily dismissed when it comes to him. When he won back in 2019, he received all 50 votes, something that has only happened once before in history. Obviously, not every team needs him, but those that missed out on Watson should at least inquire. The only logical explanation would be the owners' unwillingness to set precedent to guarantee all contracts.
I get what you are trying to say, but with all do respect you haven’t even come close to presenting an apples-to-apples comparison.

Lamar wants a fully guaranteed contract that reaches the level of Deshaun Watson’s. On top of that, any team other than Baltimore has to give up 2 first round picks just for the right to sign him to a completely insane deal.

Carr and Jimmy G’s situations aren’t even in the same galaxy. And for the record, I think it’s extremely smart business by the Ravens to take the stance that they’re not even gonna sit down with him as long as his contract demands come back down to earth. Cleveland did something incredibly stupid and Baltimore is taking a stand in an effort to try and fix it. Giving Jackson a Watson like deal pretty much poisons the QB market forever.

I get what you are trying to say, but with all do respect you haven’t even come close to presenting an apples-to-apples comparison.

Lamar wants a fully guaranteed contract that reaches the level of Deshaun Watson’s. On top of that, any team other than Baltimore has to give up 2 first round picks just for the right to sign him to a completely insane deal.

Carr and Jimmy G’s situations aren’t even in the same galaxy. And for the record, I think it’s extremely smart business by the Ravens to take the stance that they’re not even gonna sit down with him as long as his contract demands come back down to earth. Cleveland did something incredibly stupid and Baltimore is taking a stand in an effort to try and fix it. Giving Jackson a Watson like deal pretty much poisons the QB market forever.
I think you are missing the point here. You have nothing to lose by talking to him! Several teams who had expressed an interest in Watson have come out to say they are not interested. However, you seem to be implying that double dipping for a player is new. Last year, the Dolphins gave up picks and extended massive contracts for two players. It doesn't matter that I mentioned Carr/Jimmy G when you have seen multiple teams come out at the same time not signing the same player. As you stated in your post, it's going to poison the market. Now we have all these stereotypical tropes about his style, play, and availability as reasons why don't want to have a conversation with him. It's completely disrespectful. The QB market goes up every year due to the ever-rising cap, and it's likely that it will do so again this off-season once Burrow and Herbert sign their extensions.

Back
Top Bottom