Deleted DeShon Elliot tweet. | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deleted DeShon Elliot tweet.

4) There are a few teams in the NFL that make a lot of sense to me for Jackson. Indy makes some sense. I look at Seattle, with their multiple first and second round picks this year, a **** ton of cap room next year, with a power run game, multiple skilled TE and a couple serious deep-threat WR and go "hmmmm." The question then becomes, so why aren't they doing it?
Maybe because Seattle signed Geno Smith to a HUGE contract?

Maybe because Seattle signed Geno Smith to a HUGE contract?

It's basically a one-year deal. And Smith would pretty clearly to to the Ravens in this hypothetical.

And my "they" was referencing any other NFL team.

It's basically a one-year deal. And Smith would pretty clearly to to the Ravens in this hypothetical.

And my "they" was referencing any other NFL team.
But why would they do that? Geno was much better than Jackson and will play on half his projected salary, and they dont have to part with picks... Wouldnt make any sense. As for other teams, Jackson has been perfectly average the last 2 seasons on top of missing 10 games in that span, I'm not surprised teams aren't lining up to get him.

But why would they do that? Geno was much better than Jackson and will play on half his projected salary, and they dont have to part with picks... Wouldnt make any sense. As for other teams, Jackson has been perfectly average the last 2 seasons on top of missing 10 games in that span, I'm not surprised teams aren't lining up to get him.
Plus he's wearing down as a runner and pedestrian as a pure passer.

Because I believe Seattle has the pieces for an offense that would mesh well with Jackson's skill set. I don't know that it would result in a 2019 Lamar Jackson type of season, but I do believe it would be a considerable step up from what Geno Smith offers.

LMFAO at comparing him to Geno Smith (or anyone).

I'm thrilled with the QB I have but I shutter to think what Jackson would do with guys even half as good as we (or Seattle) has.

Last edited:
Because I believe Seattle has the pieces for an offense that would mesh well with Jackson's skill set. I don't know that it would result in a 2019 Lamar Jackson type of season, but I do believe it would be a considerable step up from what Geno Smith offers.
Blegh. I'm at the same point of not wanting to even hear Jackson's name now that I got to with Watson.

Even though Tua went nuts in the fourth quarter in Baltimore the best player on the field for either team was Lamar Jackson. Go watch the tape and look at the plays he made. Tua did a good job of throwing to guys who were wide open.

Even though Tua went nuts in the fourth quarter in Baltimore the best player on the field for either team was Lamar Jackson. Go watch the tape and look at the plays he made. Tua did a good job of throwing to guys who were wide open.

smash-jesse-l-martin.gif

That's what killers do in the 4th quarter. It's in Tua's QB DNA. Players like Lamar lose games like that. Reverse that scenario, say the Crows were down 21 heading into the 4th, you would've seen 70,000 purple jerseys headed for the exits, heads bowed, knowing they have no chance. It's why he can't get it done in the playoffs, his game just isn't built that way. Lamar is the King of the Front Runners. I'll take the vast potential (and demonstrated ability) of Tua to function at an elite level when it matters most over that every single day of the week.

Back
Top Bottom