demaryius thomas breaks foot | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

demaryius thomas breaks foot

Miamifin23

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Guess the guy broke his foot on monday per rotoworld. Depending on his combine he was a guy that might have shot into the late 1st rd with his size. If we don't pull a trade for Boldin or another receiver Thomas is a guy that could be there in the 2nd rd when we come to pick. Remember last year Crabtree had the same issue and he fell to 10. Crabtree was easily a top 3 player in the draft if not the best. what do you guys think about thomas?

so much for that high value...no way i'd take him off tape without seeing him run in the first 2 rounds...

i just looked at more stuff of his and he shows me more short area quick acceleration than speed...

dbs are all over him down the field...no separation...

hell sam shields (who's nothing special) but can run doesn't even open his hips til bebe is already past him on a go route on 1 play i saw and yet shields is able to easily stay with bebe down the field...

that's sure not 4.4 speed or close to that on the stuff i'm seeing...and now he won't run...that figures :rolleyes2:

so much for that high value...no way i'd take him off tape without seeing him run in the first 2 rounds...

i just looked at more stuff of his and he shows me more short area quick acceleration than speed...

dbs are all over him down the field...no separation...

hell sam shields (who's nothing special) but can run doesn't even open his hips til bebe is already past him on a go route on 1 play i saw and yet shields is able to easily stay with bebe down the field...

that's sure not 4.4 speed or close to that on the stuff i'm seeing...and now he won't run...that figures :rolleyes2:
Running in Pads is completely different then running the 40 yard dash. IMO the 40 dash may be the most overrated event at the combine

well when he's not getting separation on tape i want to see what kind of top end speed he'll have...

and i fail to see how a 40 yard dash is overrated...especially in bebe's case...if a guy runs a 4.6 and doesn't get separation on slower college dbs on tape what makes you think he will at the pro level against better faster athletes???

The 40 is overrated in the sense that so many teams place so much importance on it still. To me the whole reason for the combine is to make sure there are no red flags with a player. For example, if on tape you notice a player cannot get separation and he goes to the combine and runs a 4.65, that sends a red flag. If you have heard that a player has character issues, you talk to him at the combine about those issues.

this is possibly the best thing that could happen.He was likely a late second-early third rounder before this,and with this injury,it should send him back to the 4th-5th rounds.....I could definately see Miami taking him in the 4th if hes still there.And thats really good value,because between him,Dez,and Benn(maybe LaFell....maybe...) their the only no. 1 WR potentials in the draft.

wow...look what i just came across

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-bl...s-stock-soars/

According to observers at Athletes Performance, where Thomas has been training, the 6-foot-3, 227-pound receiver had been turning in sensational workouts in preparation for the combine. He recently ran a verified 4.38 in the 40, which was recorded on film and will be sent to every team in the league, France told SI.com.

:bowdown:

4th rd? No way that ever happens. A guy with his size and the deep threat ability that he has will not last until the 4th rd. He was a guy that didn't get the looks in college because of the offense at Georgia Tech, if he flashed what he could do at the combine there is no doubt in my mind that he would be a late 1st, at worst very early 2nd.

if that is the case with his 4:38 40, he wont be around passed the 2nd round regardless of his injury

4th rd? No way that ever happens. A guy with his size and the deep threat ability that he has will not last until the 4th rd. He was a guy that didn't get the looks in college because of the offense at Georgia Tech, if he flashed what he could do at the combine there is no doubt in my mind that he would be a late 1st, at worst very early 2nd.
if he really did break his foot a couple days ago,theres no way he could possibly be ready for the combine....its a week away....

This kinda mixes things up. I think you can look at it a few different ways. Either our FO will be more inclined to take Dez Bryant because Benn and Tate will probably be gone by the second round and now Thomas will be hard to rate. Or our FO will the the opportunity to get a great talent in the later rounds(3-4) and may trade back in order to gain some flexibility in those rounds. And I guess a third possibility is that he was never on their radar and this affects nothing but that's no fun

Kinda good news for us isn't it? His stock has really been rising. I feel bad for him though. A lot of money lost because he was busting his *** to get that money and an injury like that happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nDhGrYAx5g

after watching this it looks like he has everything needed to become a #1
the only thing i see that he could do better other than the few drops is coming back to the ball. It does seem like he doesnt get great separation so coming back to the ball will help compensate for that more. depending on the severity of his injury, and if his 4.38 is legit, i would spend a 2nd rd pick on him depending on whats left on our board.

wow...look what i just came across

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-bl...s-stock-soars/

According to observers at Athletes Performance, where Thomas has been training, the 6-foot-3, 227-pound receiver had been turning in sensational workouts in preparation for the combine. He recently ran a verified 4.38 in the 40, which was recorded on film and will be sent to every team in the league, France told SI.com.

:bowdown:

This.

And just to confirm, SI posted the story:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/02/17/thomas/

Back
Top Bottom