Denial is the first stage of grief... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Denial is the first stage of grief...

Nebraskphin

Active Roster
Reaction score
This is me admitting that I was wrong. I was in denial that my beloved Dolphins, a team that I've cheered for since I was a kid, would purposely "tank" so that they could set themselves up in better draft position this next year (or two). I was naive. I tried to justify all these moves and insisted that it was not a "tank" but rather a "rebuild." Call it what you want, but this is absolutely a tank. This last trade with the Steelers was the final straw for me. It is disappointing for me that the team doesn't seem to care about winning games this year, but at the same time I'm starting to buy into the plan.

I'm not going to quit watching this team play on Sunday's, I'm just going to take the loss's much easier. Rooting against the Steelers and the Texans (and possibly the Saints) is also going to make Sunday's a little bit more exciting.

As painful as this season is going to be, these next couple of drafts are going to be a blast to watch and analyze, and I have a lot of hope about the future of this franchise.

Regarding this current team, which players do you think have potential to stick on the starting lineup the next couple of years? I know a lot of people are saying get rid of everybody (except maybe X) and start over, but that isn't really feasible. I think the team could keep Jerome Baker, Michael Deiter, Sam Eguavoen, Mike Gesicki, Davon Godchaux, Xavien Howard, Jason Sanders, Christian Wilkins, Preston Williams, and Albert Wilson as possible starters and players like Kalen Ballage, Vince Biegel, Jonathan Ledbetter, Andrew Van Ginkel, Chandler Cox, Jesse Davis, Jakeem Grant, Charles Harris, John Jenkins, Patrick Laird, Bobby McCain, Raekwon McMillian, Durham Smythe, Julien Davenport, and Josh Rosen staying on as depth. Other young players currently on this roster may develop and be worth keeping around as well, but that gives us about 30 open roster spots that we can fill via the draft and free agency. Another thing to keep in mind is that some of these players may be better than they look on Sundays, as it's difficult to shine when everybody around you is hot garbage.

April can't get here soon enough! Go Fins!

Good. The sooner we can all accept what's happening, the bickering will stop.....or until we get into heated discussions on who/what to draft.

Whatever leads to the list on this shirt to stop growing I am down for. Nothing else has worked over 20 years.

EDL85tWXoAYos1N.jpg

All-Pro QB fixes a lot of things...

Too bad they didn't do this 10 years ago, but i'll take it now.

Come my friend, take a seat on the tanking bandwagon. It will be all be worth it in and long term.

I have never been as calm watching any Dolphins games as I have been throughout the last two games. There really is no pain

Come my friend, take a seat on the tanking bandwagon. It will be all be worth it in and long term.

I have never been as calm watching any Dolphins games as I have been throughout the last two games. There really is no pain
And this board hasn't been this electric in a long time.....why?......HOPE is just around the corner....just hope it isn't a mugger.

Well, I will answer the original question:
I think on defense Godchaux and Wilkins are two guys to watch, as is Baker, Howard, maybe McMillan.
I would like to know people's opinions on the Canada linebacker, I can't spell his name- Edoayen?
On offense, I'm not sure there is anybody who will be here in three years besides Grant. Maybe Gesicki. Preston WIlliams maybe.
The offense needs 9-11 starters. That is going to be a tough row to hoe.

Whatever leads to the list on this shirt to stop growing I am down for. Nothing else has worked over 20 years.

EDL85tWXoAYos1N.jpg
That's an average of one per year in the last 20 years.
You need one QB a year anyway

I dont understand all this emo crap. Like did the casual fan actually expect this team to be good this year? I'm just glad that Ross and Grier have the balls to openly do this. Its better than another 15 years of mediocrity.

Me too I guess. Honestly reality hit me August 31st but who was I kidding the players we moved on from would not having us sitting at 2-0 anyway. I understand and have embraced what's going on. Now I think the team will get marginally better as the season progresses but not good enough to screw up the tank. I expect Dallas to CRUSH us, SD will be a little closer (keep that in perspective meaning not a 40 point loss) and Washington maybe under 20 :).

Back
Top Bottom