Denial is the first stage of grief... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Denial is the first stage of grief...

I dont understand all this emo crap. Like did the casual fan actually expect this team to be good this year? I'm just glad that Ross and Grier have the balls to openly do this. Its better than another 15 years of mediocrity.

I don't think anyone expected the team to be good, I know it's fun to think so, just not historically bad. 4 - 6 wins maybe, now that's looking like 0 - 1, not a huge difference and yes 0 - 1 is better. My thinking was it would just be hard to lose that many games but these guys nailed it in the last couple weeks leading up to the season. Nailed it, they left nothing to chance.

Also, lets say we stuck with the Gase "win now" method. Look at him, he's 0-2 and hos roster is dropping like flies. Guarantee he brings in an old friend to play QB for the next 3 weeks lol.

People are offering me condolences on our season already but inside I'm thinking, "just you wait".

Every team is an adversary in sports, across the board. It's your team vs. everyone else. Fans will make their comments and kick us while we're down Who among us hasn't talked ish on the Browns and Lions the last 20 years? It's what you do as fans, it props your own team up just a bit.

I don't think our franchise set it sights on being so bad that after 2 games 0-16 seemed like a strong bet.

The Dolphins tried to take advantage of Clowney/Houston situation and inadvertently went full tank after they were offered a deal to good to pass up for LT, after Clowney balked. What if Clowney only loved money and used his leverage to get a monster deal from us after the season. We don't trade Tunsil and Stills, (probably?)

Flores and Co. have executed 4 major trades and appear to have come out ahead on all 4 them, in terms of value. I don't think it's even a question they've taken full advantage of their situation, which is that; they don't need anything from anyone else. That's the trend that needs to continue.

If this FO masked their interest in trading Tunsil, by being all about Clowney, kudos to them.

Who cares what is call? Tank or rebuild or really, build. You can't "rebuild" what was never built to start with.
I don't look at it as we want to lose games. I look at it as we want to get picks to build the team.

Whatever leads to the list on this shirt to stop growing I am down for. Nothing else has worked over 20 years.

EDL85tWXoAYos1N.jpg
That is one sad list.

Guys...it's a tank..the front office took it out of the coaches and players hands......The coaches are coaching to win,the players are playing to win...
There's just not enough talent for it to matter...0-16/1-15 here we come.

Guys...it's a tank..the front office took it out of the coaches and players hands......The coaches are coaching to win,the players are playing to win...
There's just not enough talent for it to matter...0-16/1-15 here we come.
Even though I'm beginning to accept the tank, I'd still rather not go 0-16. Don't want to be on that end of the record books. Let's win one game... maybe the Steelers game, haha.

Even though I'm beginning to accept the tank, I'd still rather not go 0-16. Don't want to be on that end of the record books. Let's win one game... maybe the Steelers game, haha.
I'm sorry..but i truly feel ,we need to go 0-16 to break the curse...That Don made to get the 17-0 season.....blood for blood..

I'm sorry..but i truly feel ,we need to go 0-16 to break the curse...That Don made to get the 17-0 season.....blood for blood..
Fair enough. I guess it doesn't make much of a difference anyway. This team could likely go down as one of the worst, if not the worst team in NFL history, regardless of if they go 0-16 or 1-16.

Good. The sooner we can all accept what's happening, the bickering will stop.....or until we get into heated discussions on who/what to draft.
I, for one, am not "sold" on Tua. Maybe I'll come around, but I doubt it.

This board would be so entertaining with ppl losing their ****, if we have the top pick, and don't take him. I can actually see a couple scenarios where that happens. We already know for a fact, if someone offers Grier enough, he will pull the trigger.

I said it would take until week 4 for everyone to fully embrace the tank. I was wrong. It only took 2 games.

How many stages are there? I'm passed grief already.

What's the stage called when your DVR is full of top 25 college football recordings and you look forward to Saturday nights, for that purpose.

That's where I'm at, it's not so bad.

All-Pro QB fixes a lot of things...
It doesn't really "fix" it though. It may mask it on game day, but it doesn't fix a bad coach, or horrible front office, which are things that are needed for real long term success.

Say we get Tua, and he is a franchise guy. If we are too incompetent to put a quality team around him, or have a system that is ineffective, we are still not going to be a perennial contender.

I, for one, am not "sold" on Tua. Maybe I'll come around, but I doubt it.

This board would be so entertaining with ppl losing their ****, if we have the top pick, and don't take him. I can actually see a couple scenarios where that happens. We already know for a fact, if someone offers Grier enough, he will pull the trigger.
Yeah, I think I might start watching some college ball this year. I dont know enough about these QBs to have an opinion.

You would be amazed how many on this board has a opinion on Tua,that have never watched a full game of his..

Who cares what is call? Tank or rebuild or really, build. You can't "rebuild" what was never built to start with.
I don't look at it as we want to lose games. I look at it as we want to get picks to build the team.
I tried to make that point in the spring. There was, literally, nothing to rebuild. We had too many bad contracts, our line wasn't a whole lot better (as a unit) than it is now, we had no avenue to get many young players aside from our normal mid level picks.

It needed to be bulldozed and a new foundation poured, including the "culture". I usually tune out the culture building narrative, but I think it was true, in this case.

Honestly, the only guy I feel bad about letting go was LT, and with what was offered, I have to agree with the move. He is going to command a HUGE contract when he hits the market. Look what James got from Denver. Tunsil is on a whole different level, and we have too many needs.

Back
Top Bottom