Dennis Green and why we won't get a SB in at least 3 years | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dennis Green and why we won't get a SB in at least 3 years

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
First of all, I want to start by saying that I want Denny over almost any other candidate available right now. Bringing someone up from the College level would be more of a gamble than bringing Green in, and I'm not thinking of any other coaches with NFL experience that I'm really too excited about. Denny however I am. He's a smart man, did a good job up in MN (though no superbowl), he's had A LOT of luck finding great QB, or at least bringing the best out in them (which we need right now), and he's an intense coach. he WILL yell at the players, and put a bee or two up their butts.

That said IF we were to bring Denny in, we would have to be VERY patient. I think he's our BEST shot at winning a SB, but we have a huge problem on our team right now. To actually win the SB, we'd have to scrap out coaching dept. We'd need to bring new people in, and set up a whole new structure, that would take time to get running smoothly.

And time is something our aging D can ill-afford. In 3 years you can expect JT to be run down, Zach MIGHT be gone (it would be early, but he's a hard playing undersized LB that's allready showing the wear and tear of a hard football career) and our Secondary would be over the hill as well.

PLUS he'd have to patch up the O-line in the mean time. What's this mean? It means that Denny green would build the team around our 3 young offensive stars Chambers, Ricky, and McMichael. I would also HEARTILY suggest that he trade up and get Eli. NO ONE would expect a SB his first season here, and in the midst of rebuilding, he might as well put in a cornerstone QB that we know will produce....a few years down the road.

I REALLY hope we get denny, but like I said, we'd all have to be very patient. Are you willing to wait 3-4 years for a SB?.....I know I am.

You can always dream but you are basically saying things that will never happen in this organization. The only way to trade up is if we send someone like Sam Madison to another team.

Originally posted by Graythreat
I REALLY hope we get denny, but like I said, we'd all have to be very patient. Are you willing to wait 3-4 years for a SB?.....I know I am.

I am. I have been waiting all my life for one.....Dolphins haven't won a Super Bowl since before I was born and have only appeared in 2 during my lifetime (17 and 19).

Originally posted by juniorseau55
You can always dream but you are basically saying things that will never happen in this organization. The only way to trade up is if we send someone like Sam Madison to another team.

Madison for Eli Manning? In a heartbeat!!!!

The problem isn't our headcoaches but the lack of faith from our veterans in our headcoaches which lead to ineffectivity on the field and lack of execution.

Originally posted by dolfan4good

I'd love to get rid of that bloated salary.

If we fail this year I wouldn't mind a fire sale of that defense.

I wouldn't mind it all.....

35 million dollars :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dolfan4good

Nah. It would be Madison and a pick for Eli.

I said in an earlier post that I did not want a first year coach like Stoops, but I have had time to think, and I would rather have him over Green, TBH I don't want Green at all. We will have to start all over one way or another so why not give Stoops a shot? Just because Spurrier did not do well doesn't mean Stoops will fail. It will probably never happen but I could go for that. And for Eli, damn that would be great, but Houston will most likley get him long before us, they need another QB.

Here's my 2cents, Dennis Green will be coaching the Falcons long before he will be even considered by Miami.

:pray: I hope I hope.

P.S. This has been bugging me, What is wrong with that cheerleaders upper lip man? Or does she have big gums?

Originally posted by StartingTailbak
Eli's coming, hide your heart girl

Ahhhhh! Music and football, two of my three favorite things.
Anyone else like the Three Dog Night?

Back
Top Bottom