Dennis Hickey's Combine Press Conference | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dennis Hickey's Combine Press Conference

I'm delighted to hear him working well with Joe Philbin, watching player video together. It sounds like Ireland and Philbin were not close and frustrated each other.
At the end of the day we just need a GM who is really good at finding, evaluating and recruiting talent and we need him to work well with the coach. He doesn't have to be a great orator like Lake Dawson. He doesn't have to be a known arrogant prick like Jeff Ireland, in fact a lower key guy could be good.
In fact it is interesting to note that Stephen Ross' two big appointments, Philbin and Hickey are both very low key guys.

He came across as nervous like he couldn't sit stil but all in all I like the guy next door. Very likable and approachable which goes good with potential FAs I think.

I also saw him answering questions in a hallway. He said he strongly believes in building through the draft, more than FA. So that's good to hear

If there's something our team needs right now is low key people. We don't need people that seek attention, make lots of noise or cause any trouble. We need a team that just wants to do it's job, concentrate on football andhave each other's back. All of that has been missing with our team imo.

Ozzy rules!!

[video=youtube;QG2jh3NDCwo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=QG2jh3NDCwo[/video]

This guy seems super chill and sympatico compared to Ireland. Poor guy, though. You can't shake the feeling that everyone's going to be out of a job in a year or two.

i wasn't too impressed to be honest...but i did like hearing that prior to being a gm his entire job revolved around evaluation...lets just hope he gets it right for us

I like guys who are out to prove themselves....I'm hoping that not being the first choice will put a chip on his shoulder to prove everyone wrong.

As far as his press conference...who cares...I don't care how anyone talks in front of the media, only how they perform their job...if he signs guys that can help this team and draft better then Ireland (which is easy if he gets a second rounder that plays) then I will be a fan, right now just find ways to make this team better.

Hopefully Steve Martin is a better GM than he was a detective!

I'm digging the tie and actually have one like it with the old logo.

517x525-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom