Dennis Northcutt | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dennis Northcutt

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
Dennis Northcutt is a nice player..he's fast..he's young, but I can't get that playoff game vs. Pittsburgh from 2002 out of my head. He dropped an easy pass in the last few minutes of the game that would've sealed the victory. I know guys makes mistakes, but Miami needs guys who come up big when the game and the season are on the line. Sad thing is, he had a great game otherwise..6-92 2 TD's. He really should've made the final clutch catch though. Maybe he learned his lesson or maybe J.Sullivan can make him better.

He's one heck of a punt returner. Especially in 2002..he had 2 TD's

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187617

Is he good enough to bring in to be a #2?..or #3?

I guess I am just tired of us going after 2nd tier receivers that won't have an impact on our team. Dennis Northcutt isn't a consistent receiver, and he's definately not 1st Tier material.

Last edited:
Sometimes you need to be wary of a guy who was part of a real WR merry-go-round like the one in Cleveland. Kevin Johnson, Quincy Morgan, Dennis Northcutt, and Andre Davis I think is the last guy....every week one of those four has like 100 yard game. Because of that it leads me to believe that maybe its not that they're all talented enough to be starters, but rather they have fairly good QBs gettin it to them and their standout performances are completely in response to the defense of the day...not just the design of the defense but the mental errors that a defender makes.

In Cleveland, the slot WR always comes up big and makes the big yards.. It's the same situation with Derrius Thompson in Washington.. Pass happy offenses, you won't know what you get in them from being a #2 wr with attention on you..

Northcutt is an excellent #3 slot receiver. He's not a #2. He's also a good PR, which we're in desperate need of. I saw someone mention Peter Warrick. He's similar to Warrick, just not quite as good. Put it this way, Northcutt is a definite upgrade to McKnight.

Originally posted by LdoubleE80
Northcutt is an excellent #3 slot receiver. He's not a #2. He's also a good PR, which we're in desperate need of. I saw someone mention Peter Warrick. He's similar to Warrick, just not quite as good. Put it this way, Northcutt is a definite upgrade to McKnight.

I'll agree that he is better than McKnight. His punt return skills could be used also. I'd take him over Minnis ANY day of the week. I still want Michael Clayton though.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I don't think he's better than McKnight.

I certianly do!

Not only is he playmaker as WR but he is just as dangerous as a returner.It will be a very good addition if it happens..

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by chambers84

I'll agree that he is better than McKnight. His punt return skills could be used also. I'd take him over Minnis ANY day of the week. I still want Michael Clayton though.

So do I, but there's a thing called a #3 WR and they do have HUGE effects on the passing game. What happens if Clayton isn't ready? What if Harrison puts a pop on Chambers? When you have two go-get-it type receivers like Chambers/Clayton, it's always great to have a small/quick slot guy that CAN get down the field as well, like Northcutt.

1-Chambers
2-Clayton
3-Northcutt

Gimme that and I'm good.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I don't think he's better than McKnight.

There are two teams (other than Miami) that I think I am qualified to look at players from. The Browns and Steelers, since the wonderful NFL forces me to watch them nearly every week.

Northcutt is absolutely better. McKnight can't get open to save his life. Northcutt creates separation regularly from DB's. He's younger, much more elusive, and more explosive. He would be a serious upgrade to the #3 WR spot.

That said, we still need a #2--not DT.

Back
Top Bottom