Denver Broncos: 3rd Worst Scoring O in the NFL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Denver Broncos: 3rd Worst Scoring O in the NFL

Any NFL Team on any given day can beat another NFL Team. Records sometimes go out the window when you pay a particular team. I know Miami has had some really close games with Denver. This could easly be a "trap game".
Relax. Its not the Jets against the Fins in the 80s

Depends on the context. Having grown up in northern Michigan, yeah, beautiful spring day.

Having spent the last 30+ years in S. FL, I don't like it when it drops below 60.

On the other hand, I'm fine in the blazing summer sun that would cause a northerner to pass out, and wouldn't even consider the beach if it's below 88 degrees.
LOL... we moved from central California to Minnesota and all the locals were ready to make fun of us for wearing coats when they dressed in shorts.
Then they realized they had coats on before we did... I looked at them and laughed, we're Celts, I thought you stupid Vikings were tougher than this!

My only concern is a weather game where both teams need to lean on the running game. Otherwise I think we should win again.

Any NFL Team on any given day can beat another NFL Team. Records sometimes go out the window when you pay a particular team. I know Miami has had some really close games with Denver. This could easly be a "trap game".
No such thing as a trap game. There is only being outcoached and/or outplayed.

I'm confused. Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought a trap game was taking a lesser team for granted because it is sandwiched between or before a "bigger" game. Since we play the Jets after Denver we aren't really looking past the Broncos at the Jets. Same thing with the Chargers game, with the Broncos next. If I'm wrong than by all means it's time to dust off Wanny's lobster traps.

Sometimes a superior team just has a bad day. While the lesser team clicks. It happens. Great teams just work hard and have a culture and leadership that make those games as rare as possible.

The altitude thing is an outdated concept, from the days when players didn't have the training and conditioning programs they now have. Also the use of oxygen mix is available on the sideline, at a moments notice.

Freezing cold is a different animal for those who have never experienced it, but 40 degrees? A thick sweatshirt takes care of that.
Absolutely disagree about altitude as does biology. Oxygen saturation is real and does impact real time play on the field regardless of what's on the sideline.

It's actually a somewhat similar advantage as the temperature is in Miami for northern teams. On top of being unprepared for dehydration occuring as quickly northern teams have a difficulty with lower oxygen saturation that occurs at higher temps.

So with all that said, yes altitude is a competitive advantage but less for hot climate teams.

Absolutely disagree about altitude as does biology. Oxygen saturation is real and does impact real time play on the field regardless of what's on the sideline.

It's actually a somewhat similar advantage as the temperature is in Miami for northern teams. On top of being unprepared for dehydration occuring as quickly northern teams have a difficulty with lower oxygen saturation that occurs at higher temps.

So with all that said, yes altitude is a competitive advantage but less for hot climate teams.
Outstanding report!

I'm confused. Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought a trap game was taking a lesser team for granted because it is sandwiched between or before a "bigger" game. Since we play the Jets after Denver we aren't really looking past the Broncos at the Jets. Same thing with the Chargers game, with the Broncos next. If I'm wrong than by all means it's time to dust off Wanny's lobster traps.
Yes. Bengals are technically the trap game

Went to Colorado to ski a lot, the oxygen is definitely a factor the first day there, out of breath walking up one flight of stairs and Iā€™m in pretty good shape. But the next day youā€™re fin. Takes about 24 hours to acclimate

Back
Top Bottom