Denver continues Poker game . . . reports of Orton clearly outshining Tebow in camp | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Denver continues Poker game . . . reports of Orton clearly outshining Tebow in camp

Why would anyone be surprised by Orton looking better than Tebow?

I at first wasnt for trading for Orton but now ive softened on that stance a little bit. Id take him for a 4th immediately maybe even a 4th bt you cant trade a 2nd round pick for this guy. They will have to release him or its a PR nightmare with all the fans SCreaming for Tebow and the star receiver already throwing orton under the bus. This is all just an attempt to make ireland blink. I hope he doesnt if it means trading a 2nd round pick

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Henne will look better than Orton at Miami's practice tomorrow (since Orton won't be there).

If he gets injured out there, the Broncos are screwed. Dumb move by Denver. Just take the 4th and be happy.

so what if ortons out playin tebow...tebow stinks

this is a non issue...

So, wait? The Broncos are going to make sure that it gets out that Orton looked highly polished and great in camp? Really? Gee, what a surprise. I wonder how great that 9 million dollar salary looks like on your books?

Of course he's outplaying him, Orton is the best QB in the league...

Pessimist view: Denver keeps Orton, Seattle grabs Young (they can't seriously be banking on Tavarius Jackson and Whitehurst), and we end up with Bulger or Delhomme- meh.

Optimist view: Denver postures up until they have to pay up, we flirt with VY enough to scare them, we get Orton for a 4th. On a side note, we sign or trade for one of the talented TE options- Zach Miller, Olsen or Heap. Happy dance.

orton should have been in miami already, ireland is making a gamble he is going to regret. Get henne out of here!!!!!!!

Don't agree. Orton is a stop gap type player until you find your franchise guy. You don't throw away premium draft picks away for that type of player. Rumor is that Miami offered a 4th rd pick. That is fair for a middle of the road QB.
Henne has started for just under 2 full seasons and likely has not reached his ceiling (most QB's don't at that stage in their careers), so there is no guarantee that Orton would beat out Henne THIS season.
However, if you give up a high pick to acquire Orton, there is pressure to start the guy regardless.
We lost our 2nd rd pick to Denver this past draft. We could have had BOTH Thomas and Mallett had we kept our 2nd pick.
You can't be reckless with your early rd draft picks. Most of the time it comes back to bite you.

Orton is outplaying Tebow? OK that throws a whole new light on things. Guess we better offer the 1st rounders in '12 and '13 along with Dansby and Long! We have to get the deal done!

I heard that in today's practice they specifically worked on how to convert 3rd downs and win games and apparently all Ortons problems were solved by the end. Wow Denver really dodged a bullet there. Maybe they'll trade Tebow now?

Believe me, the camp reports on Henne will be that he's looking great, too. It's how the game is played.

It sounds like they are already starting up the 2010 drama in Denver. What a mess. They need to deal Orton and get what they can before it gets messy again. Tebow is their guy. Why the heck did they draft him then? I'd trade for Tebow if they didn't want him. But he is dying to be the starter for them.

Back
Top Bottom