denver fans want to buy billboard to support tim tebow.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

denver fans want to buy billboard to support tim tebow..

dreday

future of the funk
Reaction score
http://www.ology.com/sports/denver-fans-want-buy-billboard-support-tim-tebow

Breaking news: Denver Broncos fans inexplicably LOVE Tim Tebow. They love him so much that they're ready to give up on Kyle Orton after one close loss to the Oakland Raiders. Jesus Christ is risen. Two Broncos fans are so hot and bothered by the fact that head coach John Fox is sticking with Orton as the starter that they're raising money to pay for billboards supporting Tebow (via Hot Clicks). Seriously. Tebow fans don't remember the times he epically failed, like in this preseason game against the Dallas Cowboys. They don't care about the fact that Timmy wrote a memoir before the age of 25 and went on the Daily Show to talk about it. And they especially don't care about the fact that he's white. That doesn't matter at all.

[video=youtube;uorAoIAcpZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uorAoIAcpZM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I don't get it. Why not play him? Fox doesn't have to win this year, and everyone knows that Orton isn't sticking around long term. He probably falls flat on his face but there's always that 1% chance that hes the next great one. If he stinks it up Fox can go draft the guy he wants and rebuild the team in his image.

The NFL along with the MLB has done a great job creating some sense of parity but you can still point out half the teams in the league that have no shot at winning it all. Unless you have a really young team I don't see the point in pursuing mediocrity.

I'm shocked at this point that Orton is there starter.

Mark Schelerth said it best if Orton isnt your future qb let Tebow play to see if he can be a franchise qb.

It speaks volumes about "3-and-out Orton" that we were ostensibly the only team interested in him as Hasselback, Kolb, TJackson, McPepper, VYoung and even Derek ****ing Anderson among others got courted and signed.

IMO, regretfully, it also says a lot about our own "braintrusts"

It speaks volumes about "3-and-out Orton" that we were ostensibly the only team interested in him as Hasselback, Kolb, TJackson, McPepper, VYoung and even Derek ****ing Anderson among others got courted and signed.

IMO, regretfully, it also says a lot about our own "braintrusts"

Or it reenforces what the FO was saying about Chad being their guy all along. I think they viewed him as a backup that might push Henne, but not as an unquestioned starter. Isn't that why the trade fell through?

Or it reenforces what the FO was saying about Chad being their guy all along. I think they viewed him as a backup that might push Henne, but not as an unquestioned starter. Isn't that why the trade fell through?

The trade fell through because the Dolphins were unwilling to pay Orton 8 million dollars a year. The terms of the trade were draft compensation (2nd round pick) and a renegotiated deal with Kyle.

Thank God we didn't pay him 8 million a year.

The trade fell through because the Dolphins were unwilling to pay Orton 8 million dollars a year. The terms of the trade were draft compensation (2nd round pick) and a renegotiated deal with Kyle.

Thank God we didn't pay him 8 million a year.

Agreed, but if they were looking at him to be the starter, isn't 8 million about average for a starting qb? Wasn't Sanchez set to get 14 million this year, and Tony Romo 11 million?

just shows fans are idiots at times. Why should denver throw away the year > the best qb should start and thats obviously orton. I love how people want to act like thank god we didnt get him based on one game. do those same people think our defense will never play any better

just shows fans are idiots at times. Why should denver throw away the year > the best qb should start and thats obviously orton. I love how people want to act like thank god we didnt get him based on one game. do those same people think our defense will never play any better

What does the team gain from going 6-10 instead of 3-13? Are the Dolphins better off because they started Frerotte and won 9 times with a lousy team instead of going with Sage or some young QB and winning half as many games?

Fox and Elway and co aren't there to win a couple of regular season games. They're job is to build a contending team, and Orton isn't the one that's going to lead that squad. You might as well figure out now when the team sucks if Tebow is going to be that guy.

What does the team gain from going 6-10 instead of 3-13? Are the Dolphins better off because they started Frerotte and won 9 times with a lousy team instead of going with Sage or some young QB and winning half as many games?

Fox and Elway and co aren't there to win a couple of regular season games. They're job is to build a contending team, and Orton isn't the one that's going to lead that squad. You might as well figure out now when the team sucks if Tebow is going to be that guy.

I couldnt agree more.

Why cant orton lead that squad, its not like he is over the hill. If Tebow outplayed either qb on the roster I would say play him. Im not in favor of just throwing people out there to see what if. Its early in the season and every team has a possible chance of being good why would u throw the damn season away just for the sake of seeing what tebow can do. Now if after a number of games the team is not winning then maybe u make that change but seriously after one week thats quite stupid and true disservice to your fan base because I for one want to win.

Why cant orton lead that squad, its not like he is over the hill. If Tebow outplayed either qb on the roster I would say play him. Im not in favor of just throwing people out there to see what if. Its early in the season and every team has a possible chance of being good why would u throw the damn season away just for the sake of seeing what tebow can do.

No not every team has the chance of being good. I would think you would be well aware of this after watching the Dolphins for however long you've been a fan. This Dolphins team is not very good.....every fan, coach, and player knows it. I can understand trying them trying their hardest to eek out every victory and maybe sneak into the playoffs with a coaching staff and gm fighting for their jobs and a QB trying to prove hes capable of becoming a franchise cornerstone. But they aren't winning the super bowl.....there's just too many teams out there that are a lot better.

Now if after a number of games the team is not winning then maybe u make that change but seriously after one week thats quite stupid and true disservice to your fan base because I for one want to win.

Denver may be able to pull off a miraculous run like the phins did under Saban and win 8 or 9 games. That then earns them the privilege of going into the offseason in an even worse situation at QB than they had this year. They still have no clue what Tebow is, Orton is gone to greener pastures, and you're stuck with another season of a journyman QB and Tebow.

Maybe you are doing some of the fans a disservice, and its certainly not the nicest thing to do to Orton, but I think you'll find a vast majority are perfectly happy trading wins for hope. Ask Carolina fans whether they'd rather have a better QB under center and the opportunity to win a couple more games or the chance of seeing the next Randal Cunningham. Somehow I doubt Bengal fans are clamoring for Gradkowski or anyone in Jacksonville really wants to see how great their team can be led by McCown.

Back
Top Bottom