denver papers - clarett better than brown/williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

denver papers - clarett better than brown/williams

cHaNgE

Starter
Joined
Nov 2, 2004
Messages
186
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Location
Denver, CO
i live in donkey country and i just thought it was funny that they would have such an article, couldnt find it on tha net, but its on paper at home, and basically it says clarett was a better value pick than brown or williams and they he will not only have more yards, but will start more games and play longer than either player
 

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
13,301
Reaction score
0
Location
ohio
Well then they need to quit letting Donkey homers write an article.
 

CrunchTime

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
May 29, 2004
Messages
16,998
Reaction score
0
Its called justification for making such a questionable pick.
 

BennyVW

I'm the Man in the Box
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
3,334
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Orlando, Fl
That thin air is getting to them, or they were in another ski accident; most likely a head injury.
 

Noodle Arm

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
5,754
Reaction score
5
Age
42
Location
Orlando,FL
Well if he starts this season there is a chance he can have more yards than any of the other rookie backs, but we all know the reason why...my 77 year old grandmother could gain 1,400 yards behind that line.
 

calphin

Big Muley Bucks are best.
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
1,130
Reaction score
0
Location
high on a mountain top
Noodle Arm said:
Well if he starts this season there is a chance he can have more yards than any of the other rookie backs, but we all know the reason why...my 77 year old grandmother could gain 1,400 yards behind that line.









Grandma needs a tryout with a pro team.the only question is,can she take the hits?you know at 77 she will bruise easy :D
 

FinFanSince1966

Starter
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
223
Reaction score
56
Location
North Georgia
Junoir 61503 said:


Dude....read the post.....he read it in the papers and does not have a link...if you don't like the post...don't read it.....


denver papers - clarett better than brown/williams
i live in donkey country and i just thought it was funny that they would have such an article, couldnt find it on tha net, but its on paper at home, and basically it says clarett was a better value pick than brown or williams and they he will not only have more yards, but will start more games and play longer than either player
 

FinaticPatch

Pro Bowler
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
2,446
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
Denver, CO
MOre yards it quite possible. But not because of who he is. Behind that oline Ronnie Brown would probably lead the NFL in rushing as a rookie.
 

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Apr 30, 2003
Messages
3,067
Reaction score
3
Age
45
FinFanSince1966 said:
Dude....read the post.....he read it in the papers and does not have a link...if you don't like the post...don't read it.....


denver papers - clarett better than brown/williams
i live in donkey country and i just thought it was funny that they would have such an article, couldnt find it on tha net, but its on paper at home, and basically it says clarett was a better value pick than brown or williams and they he will not only have more yards, but will start more games and play longer than either player


Dude, just because someone asks for a link doesn't mean he doesn't like the post. No need to scold the poster. I too would like to read the article for myself. It would be helpful just knowing the newspaper it was in.
 

OrangeCrush

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
274
Reaction score
0
Location
M-i-a-m-i
I would disagree with the author of the article and say I'd rather have 1st Benson, then Brown and then Caddilac.

CrunchTime said:
Its called justification for making such a questionable pick.

I wouldn't call a questionable pick to any RB Denver picks up.
 

CitizenSnips

Ready for Henne.
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
6,921
Reaction score
1
Age
34
i think the only thing really holding Clarrett back now is the fact that Mike Shanahan will start anyone he has at RB if he feels they'll do better. Like if clarrett runs for 100 yards one week, for all we know, Tatum Bell will start the next. Hes a funny character, but once again, EVERY running back he uses turns to gold.
 

adamprez2003

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
12,035
Reaction score
740
Location
New York
Time will tell, but Denver usually does pretty good grabbing backs late in the draft. The comparison to Brown and Williams is silly. Still , I wouldnt be surprised if Clarett does okay up there
 

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Messages
30,212
Reaction score
7
Location
Elsewhere
OrangeCrush said:
I wouldn't call a questionable pick to any RB Denver picks up.

You don't think using a 3rd rounder on Clarett was a reach??

Denver has already proven that they can take practice squad players and turn them into 1,000-yard rushers. Why reach for a guy like Clarett?? Especially when you spent a #2 on Tatum Bell the year before, along with Mike Anderson and Quentin Griffin already on the roster.
 
Top Bottom