Denver Trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Denver Trade

JAREDMANN

Seau's Slut
Reaction score
Could we swap our 1st and 4th for Denvers late 1st and 2nd and 6th we would be adding more picks to sabans arsenal and a great safety, Tackle or LB would still be around late in the first. I think Denver will also like it as they can move ahead of San Diego and get the best WR in the draft.Thoughts?

I don't see why people want to trade down. There will be a very good player there at 16. A player that would probably have been in the top 8 of last year's draft. Trading into Denver's pick would be essentially trading out of the first round.

if we add another pick in the secound round we can spend one of those picks on Omar who could be as good as any Qb in the draft

Omar Jacobs will not be taken in the second round. And he could be as good as any QB in the draft, but we probably wont know that for a long time because he won't take a snap in the NFL for at least 2 years. He also could end up being nothing at all. He has some big question marks and is anything but a sure thing. Forget Jacobs. The Dolphins need someone to come in in a year and take the reigns. They also need more of a sure thing.

I would have liked to trade down a month ago but now I'd like to see if Jimmy Williams might be there at 16...

That would be incredible...

Jaj said:
I would have liked to trade down a month ago but now I'd like to see if Jimmy Williams might be there at 16...

That would be incredible...

I'd like the idea of Jimmy Williams too, but I don't expect him to fall to 16. Trading down would add more picks, since we only have 7 and 3 of those are in the 7th round.

sports24/7 said:
Omar Jacobs will not be taken in the second round. And he could be as good as any QB in the draft, but we probably wont know that for a long time because he won't take a snap in the NFL for at least 2 years. He also could end up being nothing at all. He has some big question marks and is anything but a sure thing. Forget Jacobs. The Dolphins need someone to come in in a year and take the reigns. They also need more of a sure thing.

I agree I like Jacobs but he will take time, he needs to go to a team that can afford to take the time to develop him and work on his mechanics. second day pick unless some team without big needs loves his upside enough to take the chance in the late third, ala Denver.

JAREDMANN said:
if we add another pick in the secound round we can spend one of those picks on Omar who could be as good as any Qb in the draft

At the moment Kiper says he's a 5th rounder.

Back
Top Bottom