Deon Dyer Is In Trouble....norv's Idea To Bring In Femi.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deon Dyer Is In Trouble....norv's Idea To Bring In Femi..

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello... I just wanted to say that I will be attending just about all the morning practices.....and I will chip in with my observations as always.

This board has become so talented with such good "eye-witness" camp reporters.....a couple of years ago...it seemed there was only a handful of posters---along with myself and Ozzy...there in the stands....but not anymore.

I was at camp this past Saturday....and I was going to post my thoughts....and then I see this JONATHON BROWN...from FINHEAVEN....giving these fantastic daily reports. JONATHON... keep up the great analysis.....you have covered these past practices...from all angles. And there is even more posters out there as well...that have attended and posted their thoughts..... like I said.....I don't know if there is any other mesege board out there.....where you can find so much up-to-the latest-practice....eywitness information.

Alright....then. What do I really want to talk about.....is the FULLBACK competition. I just want to call him FEMI A.... and his arrival has put a jolt in what most Dolfans thought was a 2-man....mortal-lock, pipe-lead, cinch....as far as the two FULLBACK roster slots are concerned. Most people would have bet the ranch that ROB KONRAD and DEON DYER would be back in their respective depth chart roles......but there is a new offensive sherrif in town....and he needs to be impressed....and that is OC NORV TURNER.

It appears that NORV was behind the move that brought in newcomer FEMI A. Why was it necessary to bring in another FB..we all ask? Because NORV is still not sure....if the athletic, versatile, Fullback....that slips and slides in motion all the time...and is tailored in his type of offense to catch about 40 balls....was one of the incumbents...kONRAD or DYER. NORV...in a nutshell....has pretty much said to WANNY.....that both KONRAD and DYER have no track history (although you can say they have been both under-utilized)....as far as major FB productivity is concerned.....so lets bring in a guy....who I think I like for not only the competition....but a guy who I think has a good overall game for my system. Norv Turner looked at just about every FA fullback still out there...but it did not take him that long to point out that FEMI A. was by far....the best available FA Fullback still out there. Norv Turner looked at all the old RAVEN games...in which FEMI had started....and he liked what he saw. He may just have an edge.....even right now.

The FB spots....and believe me...there is ONLY going to be two of them....is now a fierce competition... You can see by WANNY's recent comments....that he too is unsure of what KONRAD can do....on an everyday game basis....and also....knows that DEON DYER's specialty is not exactly what NORV would call "exciting"....which is just hard-nosed FB blocking.

And this is why I am getting the feeling that it is DEON DYER....who is on the "bubble".....the fact that his style is not really what TURNER wants in this offense.

Its commom logic... NORV wants a 230 pound...fast-moving FB...who is not stiff....will have soft hands....and will be relied upon to catch about 40 balls per season. He may well indeed wanting both of the slotted Fullback spots....to be similar clones...so to speak......and that would put ROB KONRAD and FEMI A....into those 2 slots....from where I sit.

Like I said.....Does anybody really think WANNY is keeping 3 Fb's? No Way. Does anybody think that FEMI A....was brought in to be the starter? NO. But now....after reading this post...and taking this move in......does anyone think that it could very well mean the beginning of the end for DEON DYER's game....in this style of offense?

In conlcusion: If FEMI A....can perform as well as DYER on special teams.....and if he continues to show NORV he can be very fluid in pass routes...with those soft hands that he has recently done....I hate to say it....because I really like DYER...and what he brings...the toughness.....but its not my decision...and its not up to all the fans who love Dyer as well..... but I think that DYER is in trouble....I really do. I believe KONRAD is safe on this roster....but even DREW ROSENHAUS...who represents KONRAD.....is worried about what effect the signing of FEMI A....will do to ROB's psyche. Drew had spoken to WANNY....right after FEMI was signed up......and wanted to know if this had anything to do with KONRAD's appraisals...by NORV. WAnny's answer was "NO".....and that ROB will still "be getting his chance to start". Its just interesting....you would have thought that KONRAD starting at FB....was just a pencil-in....but now...we may have to get out the eraser.....and the phonetical, correct spelling as well....as the guy I keep calling FEMI A.
DCH

That's exactly what I thought DCH......thanks for the confirmation.

LOL confirmation?

Originally posted by inFINSible
That's exactly what I thought DCH......thanks for the confirmation.

... what are you talking about? All I saw in there was one persons opinion, one I happen to agree with. This is why so many ppl have a problem with the whole DCH thing. He is no position to confirm anything, he is a fan just like you or me.

Oliver...

DCH, nice to see you posting again. Keep us up to date on your opinions of T.C., the more reports the better.

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
DCH, nice to see you posting again. Keep us up to date on your opinions of T.C., the more reports the better.

Great new username 87, but you gotta do something about that avatar. :( :D

Re: LOL confirmation?

Originally posted by Oliver

... what are you talking about? All I saw in there was one persons opinion, one I happen to agree with. This is why so many ppl have a problem with the whole DCH thing. He is no position to confirm anything, he is a fan just like you or me.

Oliver...

Hey Oliver, get off DCH's jock! What's your trip? The guy is giving his opinions. Big deal. Is he not entitled to that? He has tipped us off to many things that eventually happened AFTER he told us about them. So, the guy does have at least SOME credibility. And he does have some contacts that are valuable for info. Let it rest!!

I don't think Dave is going to even consider cutting D. Dyer. It's great that we have all of this competition at FB right now, and I think all of them have proven they are quality players....

The reason we can't cut D. Dyer is for running purposes. He's the best blocking FB out of the three, and in goaline situations we need him.....Let me re-phrase....WE NEED HIM BAD!!!

Femi and Konrad both have softer hands, but their blocking skills lack the power that D. Dyer displays. Nobody on the defense wants to face up against D. Dyer during running drills because he's a punishing blocker. I think cutting him for FEMI would be a big mistake in the long run.....

With D. Dyer opening up holes for R. Williams, those 3rd and 1's turn into first downs. I'm not so sure I'd be as confident with Konrad or Femi making that block in the same situation.....

SOLUTION : KEEP ALL THREE!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Okay I like Deon as much as anybody, (esp. when he charges into a pile of human bodies without so much as a helmet, the guy is absolutely nuts.) but...

Pretend you are a Def. Cor, (some of you may be, or at least you think you should be.) and you see ricky and deon in the lineup you key the run, right? Now put Konrad in there, or Femi, and now it could be the run or pass.

It all comes down to the element of surprize. :eek: And deon won't surprize anybody when he is in the lineup, unless he actually gets the ball in his hands in a way that doesn't involve a fumble.

Well at least you get it...

Originally posted by scotgif

Hey Oliver, get off DCH's jock! What's your trip? The guy is giving his opinions. Big deal. Is he not entitled to that? He has tipped us off to many things that eventually happened AFTER he told us about them. So, the guy does have at least SOME credibility. And he does have some contacts that are valuable for info. Let it rest!!

... some ppl sure don't, DCH is giving an opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

I have no idea what you mean about get off his jock, is that suppose to be some kind of insult?

As I said in my post I agree with DCH's opinion, my problem is with how some ppl out there take what he says for inside info, it's not. It's stuff all over the NET and on local Miami TV. He has no more inside info than anyone else who lives in Miami who has a TV tuned to Channel 7 Sports Jam or whatever they call it now on Sunday nights, and access to the Internet.

The problem is and was DCH continues to let this misconception of his inside INFO to continue to live. He has yet to correct this misconception about him. That 's where I have a problem, and if you can't grasp why that would and should be a problem, I will never be able to convince you.

I hope DCH continues to post, he puts his stuff together well, and he provides a great service to ppl who either can't or don't want to gather the rumors that concern the Dolphins. But in no way is it inside INFO, or is DCH a source to confirm a single thing about the Dolphins, get it?

Oliver...

Last edited by a moderator:
Take his posts for what they are, news. Inside, breaking news? Who cares. Just read and enjoy.

Re: LOL confirmation?

Oliver...

Oliver,

I know your a true Dolfan, and I enjoy reading your positive posts on Fins stuff, but ENOUGH with the DCH nonsense.
If there is no Santa Claus, we don't need you constantly shouting it from the rooftops, we'll figure it out ourselves. There is no reason for you to be posting your OPINION of DCH and his posts every chance you get.

Re: Re: LOL confirmation?

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Oliver,

I know your a true Dolfan, and I enjoy reading your positive posts on Fins stuff, but ENOUGH with the DCH nonsense.
If there is no Santa Claus, we don't need you constantly shouting it from the rooftops, we'll figure it out ourselves. There is no reason for you to be posting your OPINION of DCH and his posts every chance you get.

well said DM!

cheers dch, good to see ya back!

Re: Well at least you get it...

... some ppl sure don't, DCH is giving an opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

I have no idea what you mean about get off his jock, is that suppose to be some kind of insult?

As I said in my post I agree with DCH's opinion, my problem is with how some ppl out there take what he says for inside info, it's not. It's stuff all over the NET and on local Miami TV. He has no more inside info than anyone else who lives in Miami who has a TV tuned to Channel 7 Sports Jam or whatever they call it now on Sunday nights, and access to the Internet.

The problem is and was DCH continues to let this misconception of his inside INFO to continue to live. He has yet to correct this misconception about him. That 's where I have a problem, and if you can't grasp why that would and should be a problem, I will never be able to convince you.

I hope DCH continues to post, he puts his stuff together well, and he provides a great service to ppl who either can't or don't want to gather the rumors that concern the Dolphins. But in no way is it inside INFO, or is DCH a source to confirm a single thing about the Dolphins, get it?

Oliver...

I don't undrestand why it's a problem?? Whether or not he is an "insider" makes absolutley no difference at all... 99% of us enjoy his posts, and I for one hope he continues... I live in NJ, so I don't get all the rumors and dolphin talk shows you enjoy in Fla... let him write in peace already... why do you care if he's an insider or not? He's got GREAT info...

I'll admit that about 85% of what DCH says I've either just seen hot off the presses on news sites, or its something that can be guessed at well enough from what has already been said.

But he goes to training camps, and he reports what he sees/hears. I don't know if he ACTUALLY knows Hadley Englehardt, Drew or Jason Rosenhaus, or Alex Marvez, or anyone else but even if he's making all that up and just reporting what he finds hot off the wire from local sport stations posting rumors, then hey thats fine with me. Its still stuff that I've only just heard about myself or have yet to see in print. If you want REAL inside info (I'm not saying DCH doesn't have inside info, just that most of his breaking news is either about to be reported by newspapers or has already been reported, or can pretty much be guessed using common sense), the kind of stuff that gets broken days and even weeks before something happens, I suggest you frequent Pro Football Talk.

Their rumor mill is superb at gathering the goods on what the team will be doing a few days from their report. I wouldn't heed much of anything else stat/depth/roster/editorial related or anything. Just the rumor mill. They broke the possibility of DG's release weeks before he was released, reported that he was rubbing all his teammates the wrong way before we even had a clue. They also reported the Dolphins interest in possibly trading for Jay Williams a long time ago as well. In fact I can't recall a single big Dolphins event that was not preceded by hints from their rumor mill. The only other "inside" info I can think of is JBrown since he reported from an "inside" source that the Dolphins are making calls to Sam Adams on a regular basis. I believe him, I've heard nothing of it in the papers or any rumor sites, and if I START hearing about it I'll believe him even more.

back to wether deon should go or not ..no way this guy is a wrecking ball!!and if im not mistaken MY inside info says he has worked hard on his passcatching this offseason so...If we HAD to let go of one i say konrad....sorry but he always slips and seems very slow to me .. i have heard he is a better blocker than before but he gets hurt also ...but by all means let dyer stay !

Back
Top Bottom