Deon Dyer may be gone (merged FB fight) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deon Dyer may be gone (merged FB fight)

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
Deon Dyer may be gone.

This from The Sporting News.

The addition of fullback Obafemi Ayanbadejo makes things interesting because he fits the Norv Turner system more than backup Deon Dyer. Ayanbadejo is a good pass catcher and runner, in the Rob Konrad mold, while Dyer is the pure lead blocker. Getting Ayanbadejo, who spent the last three seasons with Baltimore, is a good move because of the competition it will create. . . .

Sounds like the team may be thinking about letting go of Dyer. If so we better get close to that 4th rd pick back for him.

It would be a mistake to let him go unless Konrad improves his blocking.

I shared my feelings in another thread. DON'T DO IT!!

They wont do it i dont think, they need at least 3 FB in Norvs offense and Oadflkjakljdfa is unproven (spelling??? lol) We need his blocking when Ricky runs and he is like our 6th OL

My bet is Dyer won't go anywhere, unless they trade him for a decent pick.

that friggin' konrad!

i hope it's that friggin' konrad that is let go. that overrated stiff hasn't proved a thing yet, and now there is talk of giving konrad more money and losing dyer in the process.

please god, NOOOOOOOO!

dyer is a real football player and we need a lot more of those, not injury prone, overhyped slow guys that string us along year after year and are a waste of precious cap money.

:monkey: on peter jennings,

courtesy of the red, white and blue!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Konrad is OK...

i hope it's that friggin' konrad that is let go. that overrated stiff hasn't proved a thing yet, and now there is talk of giving konrad more money and losing dyer in the process.

please god, NOOOOOOOO!

dyer is a real football player and we need a lot more of those, not injury prone, overhyped slow guys that string us along year after year and are a waste of precious cap money.

Konrad has the potential to be a top 3 AFC FB if healthy... I think it's more bad luck than injury prone.

He didn't have a chance to shine under Gailey cause he dosn't involve the TE or FB....but with Turner, Konrad will finally see some passes and probably rush.

This is his year to prove he was worth a 2nd rounder...

I thought Konrad was drafted in the 3rd round...

Unrealistic expectations for a draft pick for Dyer. Lets put it this way, when its US that initiates the shopping around, we get mucho mucho less value for Dyer. We could trade him to someone maybe if we convince them we really would roster him...but its probably only for a 6th round pick.

Yup, 2nd rounder. Same round as JJJ.

Nah, we wouldn't get anything for Dyer. Not with Sam Gash still out there for free.

Konrad, Dyer and the other guy

The word on the street is that Ayayaypendejo is a fumbler not unlike McKnight.

This guy is training camp fodder and insurance in case of injury. Dyer caught some balls in preseason last year....along with Hunter Goodwin.

Re: Konrad, Dyer and the other guy

Originally posted by jaxdolfan
[This guy is training camp fodder and insurance in case of injury. Dyer caught some balls in preseason last year....along with Hunter Goodwin.

Jaxdolfan, I know you ARE kidding, right?

Hunter Goodwin?

If one thing is clear, Norv wants recievers. Why do you think we:

1) Cut Goodwin?
2) Drafted McMicheal?
3) Signed Femi?

I love Dyer as a player, but I think he may be in the wrong system here in Miami. There is probably much more to the signing of Femi than meets the eye.

As far as keeping three fullbacks, as someone stated earlier, I highly doubt that. I don't think many teams keep more than two.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the idea of cutting Dyer. Sure he may not fit the system perfectly, but so what. I think they'll be many times this season where Ricky is gonna need a big blocking fullback.

Could you copy past what Sporting News Said. No way Dyer gets cut and noone says he doesn't fit in Norv's system. That's all editorial or writers opinion. I could tell you that without even reading it.

Back
Top Bottom