K Olindo Mare

P Matt Turk

LS Ed Perry / John St. Clair

KR Wes Welker / Darren Sproles

PR Wes Welker / Bryan Gilmore

ST Brendan Ayanbadejo / Tony Bua
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on following mock:

1 Derrick Johnson (2nd pick for 7th & 3rd (80th) pick from Vikings)
2 Matt Jones (2nd from KC for Surtain)
3 Adrian McPherson
3 Donte Nicholson (from Minnesota)
4 Darren Sproles
5 Jerome Carter
5 Anthony Bryant (Zgonina to St. Louis for 5th round pick)
7 Richie Incognito

How `bout that uh...........?:cooldude:

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like Depth Charts are becoming really popular...

i think that that is beautiful except for the R.Williams part, i hope instead of matt jones we get ciatcik fason or someone of that sort.

ether79 said:
Yeah just what i was thinking.

It's replacing the ever popular "Let's convert _____ to safety." threads.

Derrick Johnson would play better at will linebacker and should have no trouble beating out junior. Don't get me wrong, I love Junior but he wouldn't stand a chance against a talent like Johnson and would have to play sam linebacker in run situations like morlon did for us most of his career while he played.

Phinz4Life said:
It's replacing the ever popular "Let's convert _____ to safety." threads.

if it was replacing these "Let's convert _____ to safety." threads i would be happy. They are just being added to the mix. :lol:

Itll most likley be Carter at DT and Holliday starting at DE.

btw it's derrick pope not eddie pope.
also i think we will take someone besides defence w/ our 1st round pick we need offence more.

There are some pretty glaring issues there, no offense. I dont think mock drafts really have any place in these kind of things, in terms of putting specific players into the depth charts.You've got two layers of predictions going on here. Lemme show you what I think.

Razza said:
LT Damion McIntosh / Wade Smith

LG Jeno James / Rex Hadnot / Damion Cook

C Seth McKinney / Richie Incognito

RG Vernon Carey / Taylor Whitley

RT Stockar McDougal / John St. Clair

The Dolphins have shown nothing this offseason if not that they want a big, mean, drive blocking line. We've put emphasis on signing or resigning big players who can play multiple positions. We also know that Saban was happy with St.Clair's performances in 2004, and they like him enough they want to try him at LT. More likely then not, at very least he is going to end up back at the RT position. Here's my starting line...

LT- Damion McIntosh- Played fairly well under Hudson Houck in the past. Fits the mold in terms of size and ability. The only true experienced LT we have on the roster.

LG- Vernon Carey- Not likely to beat out either McIntosh or St.Clair for a position on the exterior, so he'll play either guard position IMO.

C- Wade Smith- Physically, he has all the skills to be a Center. He has good size for a Center, good mobility. He is susposedly very dependable, hard working, and mature, which should translate into a good ability to make line calls. He has the mobility to get out to the 2nd level, and the size and lower body strength to deal with interior D-linemen. His ability to pick up the blitz was never an issue, but his lack of upper body strength in redirecting speed rushers like Freeney and Kearse was. McKinney does not fit the mold, he's fairly underpowered.

RG- Jerome McDougle- A big, nasty mauler with issues about working in space. Sounds like the perfect canidate for a Guard move.

RT- John St.Clair- Why screw with it when it isnt broken?

On Defense, we want to be able to switch from the 4-3 to 3-4 pre-snap. This is the personnel that most reasonable allows this-

LDE- Vonnie Holliday
NT- Larry Chester/Tim Bowens
DT/RDE- Kevin Carter
RDE/OLB- Jason Taylor
LOLB- Donnie Spragan
MLB- Zach Thomas
SOLB/ILB- Junior Seau

You've also got to consider the idea that the team may switch one of the cornerbacks to Free Safety. Will Poole, Reggie Howard, and Mario Edwards all have the physical skills nessicary to convert. I dont think the team is going to use one of those 3 players as a dime cornerback.

[/QUOTE]LT- Damion McIntosh- Played fairly well under Hudson Houck in the past. Fits the mold in terms of size and ability. The only true experienced LT we have on the roster.

LG- Vernon Carey- Not likely to beat out either McIntosh or St.Clair for a position on the exterior, so he'll play either guard position IMO.

C- Wade Smith- Physically, he has all the skills to be a Center. He has good size for a Center, good mobility. He is susposedly very dependable, hard working, and mature, which should translate into a good ability to make line calls. He has the mobility to get out to the 2nd level, and the size and lower body strength to deal with interior D-linemen. His ability to pick up the blitz was never an issue, but his lack of upper body strength in redirecting speed rushers like Freeney and Kearse was. McKinney does not fit the mold, he's fairly underpowered.

RG- Jerome McDougle- A big, nasty mauler with issues about working in space. Sounds like the perfect canidate for a Guard move.

RT- John St.Clair- Why screw with it when it isnt broken?
What happened to Jeno James

You've also got to consider the idea that the team may switch one of the cornerbacks to Free Safety

If we draft Donte Nicholson we don't need to do that, Edwards & Howard can play nickle back

O-line input was good though, hopefully Smith can play center as Incognito won't be around in the 7th

Not sure about Sproles but it depends on Ricky being back to near 100% football shape and a fit Gordon but Morris can fill in. I like the idea of a true scat-back to mix things up.

Also Jones can come in as a 2nd or 3rd TE in some formations, Linehan can go 3 WR and 2 danger TE's in McMichael & Jones

Guess we find out in 2 weeks :cooldude:

I dont really like your OL, but the rest is pretty good. As for the OL, i would go someting like this:

LT-St.Clair/D-Mac/Smith

LG-James/Whitley

C-Hadnot/McKinney

RG-Carey/Cook/Whitley

RT-McDougle/D-Mac/Smith

Jeno James doesnt fit the mold. He's not big, nor is he a road grader. He is a finesse type player, and that isnt really something Scott Linehan or Hudson Houck ever really use.

James play wasnt very good last season, and nothing has been said about him retaining a starting position.

Back
Top Bottom