Derrick Rogers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Derrick Rogers

fairbanksb

Panhandler
Reaction score
ESPN is reporting that Derrick has been excused from participating in mini-camp while the Dolphins are trying to work a trade.
They don't want to risk Rogers getting injured before a trade can be worked out.

Originally posted by fairbanksb
ESPN is reporting that Derrick has been excused from participating in mini-camp while the Dolphins are trying to work a trade.
They don't want to risk Rogers getting injured before a trade can be worked out.

Read all about it.

Rodgers won't practice with Dolphins

Yes. Trade him to Arizona, Tennesse, or Cincy. Maybe we have a chance to get Boldin, Calico, or Washington. WHOOOOPS! MY BAD! We lost that chance already.. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah back to Zona.. we're probably gonna get Thomas Jones..

Why would we trade him to Arizona for a running back? I thought we had perfectly acceptable backups in Minor, Edwards and Henry. I know we aren't going to get much value for him but it is of my opinion that we should trade him for draft picks. At the very least you can package them to move up in next year's draft.

Why? I don't know. I guess we have to get something. Maybe we get Jones to use to trade for something else. We aren't getting rid or ricky, we just re-signed Konrad and Edwards and I think extended Dyers contract. Maybe they are thinking of dumping Minor, but I wouldn't understand that.

Originally posted by Samphin
Why would we trade him to Arizona for a running back? I thought we had perfectly acceptable backups in Minor, Edwards and Henry. I know we aren't going to get much value for him but it is of my opinion that we should trade him for draft picks. At the very least you can package them to move up in next year's draft.

Thomas Jones would be an upgrade over Edwards, I think. Plus, if all our RBs look solid in the pre-season, a healthy Thomas Jones might provide good trade bait for the first team that loses its starting RB to injury. We could end up with a much better draft pick next year by trading Thomas Jones in August than we'd get for Derrick Rodgers right now.

The one thing I'm not sure of is Jones' contract, which we'd have to assume. I'm not sure what kind of base salary he's getting this year. If it is significant, then we might do better by releasing Rodgers outright and using the available cap space to sign players in positions of need (S, LB, OLT, WR, etc.).

If he outplays Minor, easy. We trade Minor. Now, I don't want to see Minor on another teams roster..

BUT..

If there is a better player available for cheap, why not?

Jones was born in '78.. one year older than Minor. So there isn't a big age difference.

We can get alot for Minor. We can get a good/young WR or something. Like since the Browns are so deep, maybe(just my opinion) we can package Minor and something else for Dre Davis.. :confused:

I think we would trade for Jones and then try to get a pick out of trading Jones. I hope we don't trade Minor.

Back
Top Bottom