Devante Parker Coming With A Purpose This Offseason & Fales Getting Raves By Gase | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devante Parker Coming With A Purpose This Offseason & Fales Getting Raves By Gase

Poor kid hasn’t gotten his legs right since college. He’s a great player if his legs can hold up. I don’t think it’s a smart or a want with Parker. I think it’s health

Until he suffers a hangnail and is out for 6 games.

Parker has been banged up and hampered during his career, but the whole "he always misses games" is wrong. In three seasons he's missed 5 games. He may have been hampered with nagging injuries in 10 or 15 of the 43 games he's played in, but he's been on the field more than most. I fact I wouldn't be shocked if he's been 100% in less than half the game he's played. I don't know if people are just spoiled by Landry and Stills playing in 48 of a possible 48 game over the past three seasons, but missing less than 2 games per year isn't that bad when you look at the league average for people players that see a decent amount of snaps.

class of 2015 in 2017:
1st round:
Amari Cooper 48 rec. 680 yards
Kevin White 2 rec 6 yards
Devante Parker 57 rec 670 yards
Nelson Aghlor 62 rec 768
Breshard Perriman 10 rec for 78 yards

2nd round
Philip Dorset 12 rec 194 yards
Devin Smith out iinjured entire season
Dorel Green-Beckham out of the league
Devin Funchess 63 reception 840 yards

3rd round
Tyler Lockett 45 rec 555 yards
Jaelan Strong 3 rec 38 yards
Chris Conley 11 rec 175 yards
Sammie Coates 6 rec 70 yards
Ty Montgomery moved to running back.

I guess my point is Parker's production last year despite being hampered and playing with Jay Cutler was still one of the better receivers from the class of 2015's top 3 rounds in terms of receptions and yards last season. The only thee in the conversation with Parker were Cooper, Aghlor and Funchess. Maybe Lockett too. Now swap out Cutler with Carr, Wentz, Newton or Wilson and I'm sure Parker's numbers go up and those other receivers numbers drop. Hard to think that Parker had 13 more receptions than White, Perriman, Dorsett, Smith, Green-Beckham, Strong, Conley and Coates combined. Maybe it's less of a case of players not living up to expectations than expactions that young players will succeed are to high.

2 words, Contract Year. If ya can't show up for your contract year ya ain't long for the game.

2 words, Contract Year. If ya can't show up for your contract year ya ain't long for the game.

I think if Parker has a decent year it will be due more to extended health and an expanded role with Landry gone than it will be due to his contract year. And of course a big reason would be playing with Tannehill instead of Cutler.

Expected miracles in the past 4 years.
Not expecting a thing this year.

I think if Parker has a decent year it will be due more to extended health and an expanded role with Landry gone than it will be due to his contract year. And of course a big reason would be playing with Tannehill instead of Cutler.
I agree, to a point. There is no motivation like a potential new contract to make the bumps and bruises feel better. We'll just see. I do think having #17 back will make a difference.

I agree with this mostly. You really hope that the connection between RT and him grows and that his health stays good....if so, we know Parker has the skills, he just needs to show it. I'm not anti-Parker, but I also have developed low expectations for him.....I hope he proves me wrong.

same story different year

let's see 16 games

I don't care if he only plays in 14 or 15 games. Players get injured it's part of the game. I just want him 100% in 12 or 13 games. That would be good enough for me and I think you would see good results.

I have to wonder about Landry leaving and if it opens up the door for Parker to grow a bit within the locker room. Seems to me Landry was a strong personality and possibly a bit immature. While he was a great player, that's not always a good thing to have the most immature person as the loudest locker room presence. From what I've heard everyone liked Jarvis but this could be a good thing for Parker, who is more of the shy/quiet type.

It could allow him to speak up and assert himself more into the culture this year. He has always had the ability and I don't believe for a minute that he is soft, as some fans like to point out. He has fought injuries since coming into the league and has always played through them. I've also seen him show some attitude on the field against opposing DB's.

I have been frustrated but I'm not ready to give up on him. He could still break out and I think he will. 4th year is a charm. Heck, even Hartline broke out in year 4.

I have to wonder about Landry leaving and if it opens up the door for Parker to grow a bit within the locker room. Seems to me Landry was a strong personality and possibly a bit immature. While he was a great player, that's not always a good thing to have the most immature person as the loudest locker room presence. From what I've heard everyone liked Jarvis but this could be a good thing for Parker, who is more of the shy/quiet type.

It could allow him to speak up and assert himself more into the culture this year. He has always had the ability and I don't believe for a minute that he is soft, as some fans like to point out. He has fought injuries since coming into the league and has always played through them. I've also seen him show some attitude on the field against opposing DB's.

I have been frustrated but I'm not ready to give up on him. He could still break out and I think he will. 4th year is a charm. Heck, even Hartline broke out in year 4.

I think Landry's immaturity is overblown. The truth of the matter is that he wasn't worth what the Browns paid him. He has a lot of good tools as a slot WR but isn't a true #1. We were better off spending cap on other players of need.

Parker has been solid so far but not great. He has all of the tools which is why it's so frustrating that he hasn't taken the #1 WR spot. Hoping his injuries are behind him so he can play to his full potential. I'm sick of hearing every year that he isn't healthy.

Back
Top Bottom