DeVante Parker doesn’t want your apologies. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeVante Parker doesn’t want your apologies.

This could play out in our favor if we're able to sign him to a team friendly extension. If we do it now we could probably get him for considerably less than he would command come FA in 2021. Then we'll have our 2 boundary WRs (Parker/Williams) under contract and presumably a new QB and a competent OL ...things could be gelling in a few years baby!

No one should be apologizing because the criticisms were warranted. Production is there this season. Consistency Is next. Let’s put another good season together after this one.

If your talking about him being an injury prone wr that can't stay on the field then it was completely warranted but the ppl on this board that was calling him trash based on games he barely got any targets from the qb, those criticisms were definitely not warranted. The wr position is the most dependent position in football when it comes to production.

This could play out in our favor if we're able to sign him to a team friendly extension. If we do it now we could probably get him for considerably less than he would command come FA in 2021. Then we'll have our 2 boundary WRs (Parker/Williams) under contract and presumably a new QB and a competent OL ...things could be gelling in a few years baby!
Not that I agree, i can see both sides, butcm Dave Hyde suggested trading him now, while he has value. The thought being, this season is the outlier, in an otherwise unremarkable careee.

Been a fan/defender from from day one. The talent was always there. It was on DVP to do it.

Ironic his best season comes in the midst of such a miserable team year.

It’s his destiny to catch the game winner, in a super bowl.

You have a good eye for talent.

He’s played better but cmon now, it’s not like he’s playing at an all pro level.

Of course he isn't. He's not Hopkins, who had a sub 800 yard season with better qb play than what Miami has.

Nobody ever expects All Pro production from skill guys, but a kid that went from easy cut to a potential 1k WR is a good thing.

Parker isn't holding a grudge, he is doing his best and not criticizing anyone for their opinions. I respect that.

For years now we've all wondered just how good he could be if he stayed healthy. I've said for years that I really thought he had high potential … but each year he would get injured and not realize that potential. It bummed me out honestly. Well, now we're getting that question answered ... he's staying healthy, dedicating himself to staying healthy, and he's being productive. IMHO, he's nowhere near his ceiling, and as the talent along the OL improves to where we can throw deeper routes, his stats will continue to improve … as long as he stays healthy.

He shouldn't want, nor expect anybody's apologies...he underperformed for years. He should have had this type of season a while ago, honestly. And by underperforming, that doesn't just apply to the field...he wasn't doing right by his body for his career.

They are probably faking injuries, just to get away from the jackwagon.

The NY media machine is ripping him mercilessly, on a daily basis.

Ha! You used the "jackwagon" description! I use it all the time and my kids laugh and want to know what it means. They tell me they never hear anyone else use that word.

its also worth noting which i have about a zillion times. DVP wanted to play last season, his teammates wanted him to play and said he was ready to come back. if the NFL was like the NBA instead of being on the injury-inactive report he would've been listed as DNP-CD (did not play coaches decision). The kid was on Gase's bad side and wasnt going to be used in Gase' offense. he was too tall to do the jibberish plays Gase wanted him to run. The biggest question the fins have to ask themselves is...do you offer to give him an extension after this season, adding a few million on to next years contract and trying to keep it reasonable. or do you wait and see what he does next year and risk paying more in 2021. not putting all the blame on Gase, the kid did used to have alot of immaturity issues, but he appears to have out grown most of them

its also worth noting which i have about a zillion times. DVP wanted to play last season, his teammates wanted him to play and said he was ready to come back. if the NFL was like the NBA instead of being on the injury-inactive report he would've been listed as DNP-CD (did not play coaches decision). The kid was on Gase's bad side and wasnt going to be used in Gase' offense. he was too tall to do the jibberish plays Gase wanted him to run. The biggest question the fins have to ask themselves is...do you offer to give him an extension after this season, adding a few million on to next years contract and trying to keep it reasonable. or do you wait and see what he does next year and risk paying more in 2021. not putting all the blame on Gase, the kid did used to have alot of immaturity issues, but he appears to have out grown most of them
Not defending Gase, but your portrayal of the situation last year is incomplete.

The oft injured receiver in question had, for some inexplicable reason, been offered tge 5th year option, which would have gaurenteed him 10 mil this year (he was brought back for less than half that number), in the event if injury.

If Gase's/Front office's plan was to cut him after the season, it was not in their interests, to let him play, given his history, and I can't say I disagreed at the time.

I don't think it had anything to do with being in the "dog house", or not liking big receivers.

Not defending Gase, but your portrayal of the situation last year is incomplete.

The oft injured receiver in question had, for some inexplicable reason, been offered tge 5th year option, which would have gaurenteed him 10 mil this year (he was brought back for less than half that number), in the event if injury.

If Gase's/Front office's plan was to cut him after the season, it was not in their interests, to let him play, given his history, and I can't say I disagreed at the time.

I don't think it had anything to do with being in the "dog house", or not liking big receivers.

i guess i should've said that bigger wr's werent really overly utilized in his offense. And unless a rookie shows zero semblance of having any talent then the 5th year option is almost always going to be picked up. DVP seemingly was always hyped in the offseason, then would have nagging injuries. also like i said with me following alot of the players on twitter, his maturity level wasnt there either..but also i wasnt a "famous" millionaire when i was 24 y/o either with spotlight on everything i do. my main reference discussion was solely into last year between DVP and Gase. Its one thing if your agent is saying "my guy can play, he's not hurt" and your teammates saying in the media "he's ready to play and healthy, we dont know why he's still on the injury report" that was the big thing last year...he wanted to be on the field, his teammates wanted him to be on the field, but Gase kept saying "no he's injured" that can be read many ways, a) he was really injured despite everyone and minkahs mom (tongue in cheek) saying he wasnt. b) he was in hte dog house and Gase used it as an excuse not to play him c) Gase decided from the point they picked up the 5th year option to that point in time that he wasnt in the future plans beyond this year and wasnt trying to keep him off the field as much as possible to make sure no injury guarantee for the 5th year

edit*.... just noticed you potentially agreed with option C. but i think it could've been b or c (a not likely)

Back
Top Bottom