DeVante Parker doesn’t want your apologies. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeVante Parker doesn’t want your apologies.

I would’ve been pissed if Parker went to another team and had the same season as he’s having right now

Lol, you're making it seem like he's have some monster type season for a reciever.
Like he's on pace for 1,500 yards and 20+ TDs.

He's on pace for what? Maybe a little bit better than his rookie season?

The fact that you would state that Gase knew how to use anybody, not named Albert Wilson (because he fit Gases preconceived offense), calls your judgement into question, IMO.
His production in Gase's first year is relative to what it is now. If he wouldn't have been dealing with dehydration and back issues in 2016 he more than likely would have had a giant year in 2016.

Agreed that it's a part of their yonger generation. But completely disagree that it's not or can't be harmful.
We have tons of example of social media harming many...
Thus my remark about mental stability. Fortunately, in the case of premiere athletes, they have been yelled at, berated, and held accountable in the past. Consequently, as a rule, they are mentally tough, and driven to be sucessful.

In society, in general, there are examples where people, predominantly young but not always, have suffered very negative, sometimes fatal effects.

I'm not sure I blame the technology, as much as I blame the way "liberal" parenting has changed how emotionally developed kids are, at a given age.

Anyway, as interesting as I find this discussion, it really isn't Dolphin related to delve into it any deeper.

You know things have gotten bad when this is considered some type of "redemption" season at 700 yards sheesh
I don't disagree with that point.

I do wonder how much better his stats would be with a fully funcional offense, though.

The first 4 games might as well beem forfeits, and 5/6 were pretty bad offensively too.

Since we cant very well prorate those games out if reality, we will see next season, if his better play is sustained.

He's always been an extremely classy, respectable, friendly, and genuine good guy. He's easy to pull for because of this. This fanbase has given him many reasons to be a douche, and he's given back nothing but commitment and dedication.

Injuries and piss poor coaching have been his biggest downfall, and with a good coaching staff and taking better care of his body..... he's having a career season.

While I am a Dolphins fan above being players fan, I am really happy for him and hope he continues to show his worth.

Also, his numbers don't quite tell the story this season. He's easily a 70 catch, 1000+ yard, 8+ TD receiver in a more talented offense/with better QB play. He took a real hit on production early in the season with Rosen at QB. Hell, probably puts up similar to that stat line on this team if Fitz plays all 16 games.

Also, his numbers don't quite tell the story this season. He's easily a 70 catch, 1000+ yard, 8+ TD receiver in a more talented offense/with better QB play. He took a real hit on production early in the season with Rosen at QB. Hell, probably puts up similar to that stat line on this team if Fitz plays all 16 games.
Same could be said true of any of his seasons with Cutler, Osweiler or broken Tannehill behind center. Parker is being Parker this season, nothing new, he's just been healthy and Fitz likes throwing him the ball.

I agree with your basic premise, but to call out Rosen is ridiculous. Fitz started the first four games, that were, unarguably, the worst four game stretch in team history.

Not that Fitz was to blame, he was the least of the problems.

I don't discount QB play at all, but you also have to factor in his consistent availability.

When I said coaching was a factor, some of that goes to Flo/O'shea knowing how to use him. RT had his faults, but it was Gases choice on calling plays that had DP as the 3rd or 4th option. You know, on those rare occasions that it wasn't a WR screen, or 4yd route out of the slot.

Fitz definitely has played a big part in Devante's success he's not gun shy about throwing to the X wr and he has a tendency to gave big wrs a chance even if their covered. Gase's system definitely didn't help Parker's skill set but Tannehill was gun shy and favored landry and Wilson.

These are the type of plays Devante has shown since his rookie year,Elite ball skills.

^^^^ Yep He's 1400 yard plus with a better QB, If he reaches 1000 yards on a bottom ranked passing team that would be a huge feat.

Same could be said true of any of his seasons with Cutler, Osweiler or broken Tannehill behind center. Parker is being Parker this season, nothing new, he's just been healthy and Fitz likes throwing him the ball.

Fitz definitely favors bigger wrs, during his stint with the Bucs he loved throwing prayers to Goodwin,Evans and O.J Howard and he had the best season of career.

Back
Top Bottom