DeVante Parker doesn’t want your apologies. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeVante Parker doesn’t want your apologies.

His response should have been "no response!"
There's very few good things that come out of these exchanges with the public.

Now, there's been an entire story made out of it.
This is the type of thing coach Flo and that NE brand is constantly referring to.
The more time you dedicate to this then the less time you dedicate to your craft.

Meh....It was two words and period, I don't think he was really giving it much thought.

Fitz definitely has played a big part in Devante's success he's not gun shy about throwing to the X wr and he has a tendency to gave big wrs a chance even if their covered. Gase's system definitely didn't help Parker's skill set but Tannehill was gun shy and favored landry and Wilson.

These are the type of plays Devante has shown since his rookie year,Elite ball skills.

The crazy thing about this play is that he starts his jump from the 35...high points the ball between two defenders and lands at the 30. Let that sink in a moment and understand how much of a freak someone has to be to do that

^^^^ Yep He's 1400 yard plus with a better QB, If he reaches 1000 yards on a bottom ranked passing team that would be a huge feat.

There is no evidence to support this projection. In fact, I would postulate quite the opposite, his route running (skill and discipline) with a superior QB and OL would be deficient.

Parker has always had the physical talent, but it is great to see it being displayed on game day.

I'm sure there are many parts of his underperformance in prior years that were driven by coaching, QB play and play calling...….but part of that was also on Parker for his lack of aggression, not fighting for the ball and not earning more opportunities. He also dealt with some injuries early on. I suspect that a few years of maturity, a gunslinger style passing game with Fitz and Parker finally deciding he wants to be an Alpha and what I consider significantly better coaching are all coming together. I'm thrilled to see him having some success this year and hope he gets to his 1000 yards.

We are also seeing a similar trajectory with Gesicki.

Ha! You used the "jackwagon" description! I use it all the time and my kids laugh and want to know what it means. They tell me they never hear anyone else use that word.
I never heard that word until that GEICO commercial where the drill sergeant is playing a psychiatrist and calls the patient a “jackwagon”. Been using the word for years w/out knowing the context - it’s just funny. “What a jack wagon” when DVP drops a pass etc lol.

Dude has 604 yards and 40 receptions on the year with 6 games left and everyone is saying he’s ballin LOL.

I guess compared to the rest of our current receivers he’s ballin?

Not that I agree, i can see both sides, butcm Dave Hyde suggested trading him now, while he has value. The thought being, this season is the outlier, in an otherwise unremarkable careee.
I can definitely see this line of thinking, but it doesn't really seem that simple to me. Outlier's are most useful when all other, or even the majority of other things stay the same.

The fact that we have new: Coaching, QB and OL makes me less apt to call this an outlier immediately.

But of course, nobody really knows yet :shrug:

I want DVP to apologize to us for not focusing on himself in previous years.

I would definitely try to extend him to a team friendly incentive laden contract.

Re: the comment that DeVonte Parker just needs to average 70 yards per game to reach 1,000: he's only exceeded 75 yards receiving in one game this year....and let's face it, if Williams weren't hurt we wouldn't even be talking about the possibility.

Back
Top Bottom