DeVante Parker impressive stat | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeVante Parker impressive stat

JonnyZ81

Scout Team
Reaction score
First off - been a while since I've logged in here. Love the changes/updates to the forum. Cool stuff.

Saw this stat on Twitter about DeVante Parker...

Not sure. I do know that Parker led '15 draft class in yards-per-route-run vs power 5 conferences (4.21).

Source: https://twitter.com/TheMattyI/status/605734413503053825

(apologies - no idea how to post something from Twitter in a better way)

All this talk about Cooper and White all offseason long. But was Parker the better WR all along? We know national media will continue to overlook Parker since he's a Dolphin. But that stat blew my mind.

Yea this stat came out around draft time. If I'm not mistaken, Cooper and Smelter are right on his tail. Nice stat, and the kid is already proving his worth.

side note ...what a steal Smelter will end up being.

Yea this stat came out around draft time. If I'm not mistaken, Cooper and Smelter are right on his tail. Nice stat, and the kid is already proving his worth.

Yes - agree about Smelter.

Those of us here at Tech saw that one coming.

For those who can't see the tweet, the takeaway was "Parker led '15 draft class in yards-per-route-run vs power 5 conferences (4.21). "

I think the ability to track the ball his length, and hands will make him a much more forgiving target as Tannehill develops his deep ball throws.

Right now Tannehill doesn't drop a ball into a bucket, he just throws darts for every distance. These are very hard to catch running away at top speed whike trying to look over your shoulder. It leads to drops.

I think Parker will prove an ideal deep threat target for Tannehill. But, he will not scare the safety like Stills will, and neither will make a safety soil hilself like Wallace did. So, Miller will not see so many 2 LB fronts this year.

I don't think people really gave enough respect for what Parker did when he came back from his Injury. I had him rated above White.

He basically averages over 140 yards and a TD per game. Was incredibly dominating.

I don't think people really gave enough respect for what Parker did when he came back from his Injury. I had him rated above White.

He basically averages over 140 yards and a TD per game. Was incredibly dominating.

Yeah - and some believe he didn't have all of his speed back yet from the injury.

Dude IMO is gonna be the best pick from this draft. Easily the best WR.

Agreed Phin -- I wanted him so bad leading up to the draft.

Some guys say that the only reason he "dropped" was the injury in his last college season and corresponding drop in stats. Without that, he could have easily supplanted Parker or White.

Agreed Phin -- I wanted him so bad leading up to the draft.

Some guys say that the only reason he "dropped" was the injury in his last college season and corresponding drop in stats. Without that, he could have easily supplanted Parker or White.

I wouldn't say easily. White and Cooper, who I assume you meant, were top tier receivers in this years draft. Parker could end up being the best WR from this draft class, but White has just as much of a chance.

Back
Top Bottom