DeVante Parker’s recent Instagram activity indicates how he feels about Tua Tagovailoa being Miami’s QB1 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeVante Parker’s recent Instagram activity indicates how he feels about Tua Tagovailoa being Miami’s QB1

This is one of the problem associated with a discussion always coming down to the QB... We miss the forest for the trees. Its not that an accurate QB cannot get by with possession receivers with big catch radius but low SEP and YAC, when those 2 are on the same page, they'll absolutely get theirs.

What we really want is an offense build that makes sense. The best way to profit from accuracy and anticipation while also protecting a less than optimal arm is speed and YAC. Especially when you also have to protect an OL with shorter throws, what you're left with is alot of short completed passes that go nowhere. Its not that these players are bad, its that no one is put in position to make the best use of their skills. They've been winging the offense for years down here.

Bless you

Who knows if DVP will even be here next season.
why wouldnt he be? he is cheap and good when on the field. I get the key word in that sentence is "when", but i also think he and flores not getting along had alot to do with that this year

why wouldnt he be? he is cheap and good when on the field. I get the key word in that sentence is "when", but i also think he and flores not getting along had alot to do with that this year

Don't want to go OT, but that's my opinion on the (lack of) use of Wilson.
I'm wondering if DVP's lack of playing time contributed to what appears to be lack of trust. I see the love he gives TT as a back-handed indictment of the OC and, maybe, HC.

Parker probably needs to go. Besides not being available quite often, he’s not a great match for Tua’s skill set. He doesn’t get separation or get much yac. The offense design didn’t help much either though.
Does he have trade value? A round 5-7 draft pick?

A few days ago it was Gesicki sending out a tweet in support of Tua. We know that Waddle is a big Tua supporter and now Parker. I think I will listen to the guys that actually play with Tua instead of the Tua haters who aren’t on the field with Tua during the games.
You mean at home watching him under perform, throw game killing pics and not preparing for wet balls, (at least the football kind anyways).

I've never understood this line of thought. I am told accuracy is Tua's strength.

Why wouldn't it be a strength in throwing to a spot high and away, where it puts a big body receiver in an excellent position?

If you are telling me seperation is better than not, I absolutely agree. Just not seeing why Tua's pinpoint accuracy wouldn't be a big advantage there as well.

Yes! But every darn throw can’t be a contested throw and have a consistent level of success in the NFL. Coverage guys are too good and there’s only so much of a perfect throw a Qb can mail time after time.

Yes! But every darn throw can’t be a contested throw and have a consistent level of success in the NFL. Coverage guys are too good and there’s only so much of a perfect throw a Qb can mail time after time.
Agreed.

That is universal with any QB. It isn't Tua specific.

My point was that high level accuracy has value with any type of receiver.

If one wants to make a general statement that receivers getting separation is a good thing, I agree.

I just don't buy that a highly accurate QB can only play with receivers that get separation.

I agree that neither DVP, nor MG are great at separating. You can't have a team full of that type, but that's an issue of team makeup, combined with no time for route development.

It isn't an "excuse" for a QB who is supposed to possess elite accuracy. Elite accuracy puts the ball where it needs to be, regardless.

Having said that, too many of that type of guy is going to affect any QBs statistics, and no doubt affects Tua's yards per completion, yards per game, etc.

All I'm saying is an accurate QB should be able to complete passes to any "type" of NFL receiver.

Agreed.

That is universal with any QB. It isn't Tua specific.

My point was that high level accuracy has value with any type of receiver.

If one wants to make a general statement that receivers getting separation is a good thing, I agree.

I just don't buy that a highly accurate QB can only play with receivers that get separation.

I agree that neither DVP, nor MG are great at separating. You can't have a team full of that type, but that's an issue of team makeup, combined with no time for route development.

It isn't an "excuse" for a QB who is supposed to possess elite accuracy. Elite accuracy puts the ball where it needs to be, regardless.

Having said that, too many of that type of guy is going to affect any QBs statistics, and no doubt affects Tua's yards per completion, yards per game, etc.

All I'm saying is an accurate QB should be able to complete passes to any "type" of NFL receiver.

Overall agreeed! But 90% of the receiving core can’t be that type of receiver and you expect success day in and out

So how is it that Waddle gets open?

Because it's 100x easier to create separation on short crossing patterns than deeper routes? Plus obviously in general it's more his game.

Notice that on most of his more intermediate pass receptions he wasn't nearly as open?

Overall agreeed! But 90% of the receiving core can’t be that type of receiver and you expect success day in and out
Yes, and that would be true regardless of who is behind center.

The original post to which I responded on the subject was something to the effect that these guys aren't suited to Tua's strength of accuracy. I don't think that has any basis in fact.

Accuracy is accuracy. The facts that he doesn't have time for route development, and that our receivers, as a group, aren't great at getting separation are problems, no doubt.

I just don't think that has much to do with Tuas specific skill set. The QB needs better protection, and another viable receiving option, irrespective of the name on the jersey.

Back
Top Bottom