Developmental QB Myth | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Developmental QB Myth

With more wins and a higher winning percentage than with Fitz starting.

This isn't rocket science, but it seems to be for some.
We don’t win the Raider game without Fitz....and to put the 1-3 start all on Fitz against a brutal schedule is ridiculous. Tua would have gotten embarrassed in those games!

We don’t win the Raider game without Fitz....and to put the 1-3 start all on Fitz against a brutal schedule is ridiculous. Tua would have gotten embarrassed in those games!
Fitz literally spent a game against the Jets converting zero third downs all game long and threw 2 picks.

Well he hadn't had OTA's nor stood on the sideline for an NFL game. Is that really saying anything? And last I checked Fitz went 0 TD's and 5 INT between the Pats game and Seahawks game. Sure he threw for more yards than Tua did on the regular, but he still sucked. And we lost.

So sure, we don't win the Raider game without him. But what if he played the Cardinals game and had more Fitz turnovers - is that still a win?

I'm not defending Tua here so much as pointing out that we are using our gripes with Tua to paint Ryan Fitzpatrick as something he isn't. He's a journeyman QB who loses games with the same aptitude that he wins them. We didn't sit Aaron Rodgers here.

Yes....but what if your QB doesn’t have the coaches confidence? He was benched twice and clearly was operating a different offense than Fitz!

Didn't seem to have confidence in '20. Don't know their projection for '21. Likely they stick with him

My point is if Tua is a soft armed limited QB...he could be just good enough to keep us out of the premium spots!
That’s fine fire the GM and coach and let the new ones pick there QB. You don’t let the same ones do it two years in a row.

That’s fine fire the GM and coach and let the new ones pick there QB. You don’t let the same ones do it two years in a row.
I like enough of what Grier’s done to stick with him. Flo has done a great job....I don’t agree with the idea that a GM is not allowed to miss on a QB!

That answers the question of why there are so many busts...not why good teams find their QBs with high picks.
It answers both. Teams see a QB they like and pull the trigger with a 1st. They continue to do so every few years until they hit and find a franchise guy. It’s gotten to the point where if you want an elite QB prospect you pretty much have to use a 1st round pick. Even in this draft Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson will be gone in the 1st and the talent drop off after them is rather massive.

Back
Top Bottom