Devils Advocate | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devils Advocate

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
We are 4-4, same as last year, our QB just played his best game as a Dolphin, we get much needed help at G, and safety, is there any reason to give this team the benefit of doubt we gave last years team? know it’s hard after a loss, but if you take away 5 holding calls last week and we would have had a great offenseive performance. I’m not optimistic, like most here, but it was worse after we were 1-4 last season.

Honestly I don't have much hope for this season, but that's the beauty of football.... Things can change quickly week to week. If they somehow manage a prime time win in Carolina on Monday night, then you've got to give them a shot. A 4-3 finish after that gets us to 9-7. Not at all likely, but possible.

I don't have much hope either. However, Cam has been hit or miss this season so we could get a much needed win on Monday. We have what appears to be an underwhelming Bucs team, a quarterback-less Broncos team and a Bills team that has a reputation for folding when the going gets tough 2 times. I do not rule us our on winning any of those games. I still believe in the coach but do doubt the talent. Hopefully we just have no more major embarrassments. Unfortunately as a Dolphins fan that is an accomplishment.

Pros: Coach is un-dumbing down the offense, defense's injury situation isn't as bad as last year, actually getting some production from our TEs and backs in the passing game now

Cons: Best player on our OL just went out for the year, our power rusher is Kenyan Drake, we had a big play QB in 2016 and we don't in 2017, Suh is hurt

I still feel like we can pull out a 9-7 or even 10-6 finish if some things fall our way. There are some areas where we're better off than we were in 2016, but others where we're a lot worse off. We won some games in 2016 off of big plays, and we're looking a lot less likely to have big plays in the passing game right now with the way Cutler is throwing the ball.

I don't disagree with those who say we are going to finish 7-9, but I'm not ready to count this team out just yet after what I saw last season.

Well, we need to fix:

- fewest Points scored in league
- fourth worst points differential in league

Then we can talk about being optimistic.

Lets see if we show up on Monday, could catapult us in either direction. I think we finish in 4th place.

Lets see if we show up on Monday, could catapult us in either direction. I think we finish in 4th place.
lol way to go out on a limb there. I happen to agree by the way.

I’m so mad about Monday’s game. I planned a trip to Charlotte to see my sister when the schedule came to cordinate with the Panthers game. I’m here now, and have decided not to buy tickets to the game for obvious reasons. If we do pull off the victory I’ll be elated we won, but pissed I didn’t go. Going to @NYJ was too painfull this year.

We are getting Larsen (who knows IF he will actually play well, we havent seen him play really) BUT losing James for quite awhile.

QB had his best game of season and they were all 5yd passes to the RB's with a Devante superman grab...

Efficient but he didnt really do anything.

D is too inconsistent, makes it easy for opposing teams to convert 3rd and longs.. I think the Run D is improved thus far though.

Well, I am a gluten for punishment, so I will yet again this Monday be cheering for them to show us something while taking the game from the Panthers in their home on Primetime.

We are 4-4, same as last year, our QB just played his best game as a Dolphin, we get much needed help at G, and safety, is there any reason to give this team the benefit of doubt we gave last years team? know it’s hard after a loss, but if you take away 5 holding calls last week and we would have had a great offenseive performance. I’m not optimistic, like most here, but it was worse after we were 1-4 last season.

Yes....we blew that game but played much better...this next game will be interesting.

see what kind of mood there is after Carolina gets done smashing us Monday night

NO, the team does NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt. Last year and this are two different things. Last year we beat a bunch of teams with losing records and our RB went crazy while our QB was steady. Now we have no real starting RB, Tannehill is not playing and our defense is trending down. Counting on Larsen who's nothing but a back up is foolish and now we have another hole at RT. We run 5 plays on offense and even my wife knows what play is coming and even my cat Soprano can't believe the other team's QB has all day to throw the football. And to top it all up, we're playing 6 teams with winning records out of 8 games but here's the good/bad news. We'll win one or two more than we're supposed to just so that we can draft lower like every year

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom