Devlin played well enough to stay? And the hard cuts at receiver | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devlin played well enough to stay? And the hard cuts at receiver

Answer this question honestly
in this preseason which Qb has played better?

Moore or Devlin?

Considering how much limited experience Devlin has played in the NFL
and the shaky second and 3rd string olinman protecting him i think he has done good enough to keep around.

Moore's struggles in the preseason are so overblown it's hilarious. The Dolphins know they have a PROVEN backup commodity who's capable of being a starter if called upon in the regular season. The team gave plenty of opportunity for Devlin this preseason and it's just more of the same.

Considering that we have enough salary cap space to retain Moore in case something were to happen this year to Tanny, only a lunatic would want to cut or attempt to trade him.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Moore will never be a starting QB, we still don't know that about Devlin, I would keep Devlin to see his development through...the coaching staff loves him and they know something about QB....I see something in this kid from day one, he got that it factor, once the game slows down for him he's got the tools....

LOL that "it" factor and they "love" him?

Moore's been a starting QB. In fact the year he started for us he was our team MVP.

Moore's struggles in the preseason are so overblown it's hilarious. The Dolphins know they have a PROVEN backup commodity who's capable of being a starter if called upon in the regular season. The team gave plenty of opportunity for Devlin this preseason and it's just more of the same.

Considering that we have enough salary cap space to retain Moore in case something were to happen this year to Tanny, only a lunatic would want to cut or attempt to trade him.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

LOL that "it" factor and they "love" him?

Moore's been a starting QB. In fact the year he started for us he was our team MVP.

Our team sucked, we were 6-10 tied with the Bills for last place lol so being an MVP on that team aint saying much....

Moore is a ok backup, his problem is turnovers, in the 15 games he played for us he had 15 fumbles and lost 6 of them and threw 9 Int, Your QB can't have that kind of turnover and expect to win, this problem was not just with Dolphins he had the same problem with Panthers.....

He has a good completion % but he a turnover machine cant have it at that position.

Our team sucked, we were 6-10 tied with the Bills for last place lol so being an MVP on that team aint saying much....

Moore is a ok backup, his problem is turnovers, in the 15 games he played for us he had 15 fumbles and lost 6 of them and threw 9 Int, Your QB can't have that kind of turnover and expect to win, this problem was not just with Dolphins he had the same problem with Panthers.....

He has a good completion % but he a turnover machine cant have it at that position.

Well then you must think we can't have Ryan Tannehill either .... I mean after all he had 12 TD's, but 13 INT's, 9 fumbles (4 lost) last year.

Well then you must think we can't have Ryan Tannehill either .... I mean after all he had 12 TD's, but 13 INT's, 9 fumbles (4 lost) last year.

Nope, i want go there yet, like I said he has 3 yrs to get it together and i think he will. This is Moore 6 or 7th season

Nope, i want go there yet, like I said he has 3 yrs to get it together and i think he will. This is Moore 6 or 7th season

You do realize Moore has only been a starter for 25 games (appeared in a total of 37) ..... Three years would be 48 games.

I'll be the first to admit that Moore needed to work on his ball security in the pocket (albeit the O-line was pathetic). Even though the ship has sailed on Moore ever being a starter since we have Tanny, your argument is just skewed by trying to make black and white out of the number of years he's been in the league.

Depends on whether they keep five or six receivers. I think if they keep six, McNutt and Bumphis make the team. If the keep only five, it'll be tough to decide between the two. Matthews is your fourth IMO.

At this point, keep Deviln. Next year, we need to draft a qb.

I don't consider this a bad thing.

true dont know why we feel that carrying two qbs is such a good thing overkeeping an extra scrub wr or cb

I see little difference between Moore and Devlin, except age and $$$$. Keep Devlin. But let Moore go, dont trade him. He deserves to pick his next team with the loyalty he showed the Phins.

in my mind, you keep devlin so he doesn't go to the bills/jets and because next year is diff story setting.

I see no need for rodriguez or Vaughn martin so it justifies keeping a qb who knows your system and has had to play with scrubs most of the time.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

and diff between devlin & moore is hands. we saw a couple more times where moore mishandles snap. moore has negative plays in red zone more as well.

At this point, keep Deviln. Next year, we need to draft a qb.

I don't consider this a bad thing.

and your statement gets me thinking...would we draft another qb early? If one falls into your lap around 20, which is around we will pick imo, I think it would be ideal to have a qb waiting in the wings, learning from RT in a rogers scenario.

and your statement gets me thinking...would we draft another qb early? If one falls into your lap around 20, which is around we will pick imo, I think it would be ideal to have a qb waiting in the wings, learning from RT in a rogers scenario.

U think its ideal to already draft another first round qb. Im just trying to make sure Im reading this right. The rogers scenario works if u have an older qb like Favre but in our situation makes no sense not to mention it isnt like we dont have other needs

U think its ideal to already draft another first round qb. Im just trying to make sure Im reading this right. The rogers scenario works if u have an older qb like Favre but in our situation makes no sense not to mention it isnt like we dont have other needs
I agree, don't mind picking a project in the later rounds but its way to early to pick another 1st round QB IMO...

Back
Top Bottom