Devlin played well enough to stay? And the hard cuts at receiver | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devlin played well enough to stay? And the hard cuts at receiver

Built2Win

Active Roster
Reaction score
Devlin was up and down in the game. Though Devlin showed some toughness and seemed to handle the adversity really well.
I liked where the ball was going for the most part putting the ball in places where the receiver can get some YAC.
I think Devlin makes the team, i think the mindset was to see how devlin would do for most of the game and see if it would be worth it to cut Moore..
Devlins touchdown throws came on 3rd down.

Mcnutt will be a tough one he pisses me off with easy drop comes back for the biggest catch of the game.

Simms and Devlin have some chemistry and it shows.. Simms looked ready for the challenge..

Rishard mathews looked smooth and made some good moves after the catch..

If bumphis could return kicks better they would probably keep him instead of thigpen to free up a spot..

So which receiver will be cut and which will stay?

Devlin was playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Matt Moore is 7-3 in his last ten starts in the NFL. If the Dolphins cut him, I think Moore would have a ton of interest around the league. A trade seems more likely to me.

This is Devlin's 3rd year in the NFL, and he still hasn't thrown a pass yet in the regular season. If the Dolphins don't trade Moore, it's probable that Devlin doesn't get into a game again this season. I don't think the Dolphins are good enough to continue carrying projects on their roster who contribute nothing to the team. It's time for the Dolphins to crap, or get off the pot with Devlin.

Send Moore packing, it seems like he's the teacher's pet and he's got a spot on the team, cut him and save the money, he also has been in the league for a while and still is just seen as a backup.

Devlin is not good enough to be a 2nd string QB.

I see little difference between Moore and Devlin, except age and $$$$. Keep Devlin. But let Moore go, dont trade him. He deserves to pick his next team with the loyalty he showed the Phins.

I will be very upset if Matthews is cut. He is our 4th WR in my eyes. I have been a fan of him since we drafted him. He makes the game look easy.

Matthews spot was never in jeopardy unless he showed poor work ethic coming off of injury or just couldn't get healthy. He is your #4 WR.
The 5th WR will be tough but I think McNutt does have the inside track with his size. Tyms does look like a guy worth developing as the talent is there, he's just raw. If you put in the time with him, the reward could be great. Bumphis is a guy you could see running the slot on this team in a few years.

I just think people are overthinking the QB position. Obviously if the right offer comes you would have to be tempted to trade Moore or Devlin . . . but ideally, Miami would like 3 QBs on this roster. I mean it's not like we have this all world dependable oline . . . . you see Corp come in one play and leave with a shoulder issue. Yes that was from our 2nd and 3rd string oline, but that is how quick it can happen.

I think Miami only rides with 5 WRs, and hope they can slip the losers of the McNutt/Tyms/Bumphis trio on the PS.

Devlin was up and down in the game. Though Devlin showed some toughness and seemed to handle the adversity really well.
I liked where the ball was going for the most part putting the ball in places where the receiver can get some YAC.
I think Devlin makes the team, i think the mindset was to see how devlin would do for most of the game and see if it would be worth it to cut Moore..
Devlins touchdown throws came on 3rd down.

Mcnutt will be a tough one he pisses me off with easy drop comes back for the biggest catch of the game.

Simms and Devlin have some chemistry and it shows.. Simms looked ready for the challenge..

Rishard mathews looked smooth and made some good moves after the catch..

If bumphis could return kicks better they would probably keep him instead of thigpen to free up a spot..

So which receiver will be cut and which will stay?

If you think Bumphis would be better than Thigpin in returning kicks you need to watch more football.

Moore has a better starting record for worse Carolina teams than Cam Newton and his iterations. Moore finished the'11 season for us 6-3 after being thrown into a baptism under fire situation. He was actually offensive player of the week after the KC game. He came in early in game 2 vs the jest last season and spanked them soundly He's a notoriously bad TC QB yet has a winning record as a starter. He's also a leader who inspires his teammates.

IMO we're fortunate to have him as our primary backup. I especially don't want to see him "Pennington" us by ending up in Jersey or Buffalo. Bottom-line: Devlin will be poached - especially after that beautiful McNutt pass, so I'd rather keep 3QBs as disaster can strike at any time especially considering this pre-season.

I see little difference between Moore and Devlin, except age and $$$$. Keep Devlin. But let Moore go, dont trade him. He deserves to pick his next team with the loyalty he showed the Phins.

U dont cut someone u could get an asset back for. Not sure how Moore has been any more loyal than any other player , he resigned and got a good contract, no indication he would have made more elsewhere

you need 3 qbs on your team

This is true if you're counting the PS. It is untrue if you're speaking to the 53 man roster. Lots of teams carry only two QBs. Imo we will be one of them again.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Devlin isn't special either way -> Moore in BUF or NY would only end up hurting us -> Moore is worth keeping around for another year

Egnew still makes this team

Thigpen too

Back
Top Bottom