Devlin should be #2 (not based on tonights game alone) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devlin should be #2 (not based on tonights game alone)

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I know he is playing the scrubbs but since this team is getting younger I think it makes more sense to put him number. I like what I see from him in Hard Knocks and in games. He's taller, faster and has a better arm. I think his potential is great. OK let the bashing begin now. I know you guys.

I like hime too...I'd start him....just cause.....I wouldn't throw Tannehill out there right away and if Devlin does well it builds value......

yup, i would too. and i was a big moore supporter too but he looked like garbage tonight

I agree .. trade moore for anything you can get. cut garrard and move on.

I think this may be tad excessive. I definitely think he earned the #3 spot, but lacks the experience that we need in the likely event that Tannehill gets hurt behind this O-line or needs a breather. Moore is playing like crap and Garrard is hurt, but either should be able to take over without the steep learning curve Devlin would have.

I also think there is something to be said about having a veteran helping the development of Tannehill in the video room. With Devlin it would be two youngsters with little around them in the way of experience.

Gotta have an older guy with experience backing up the rookie. Might not be that great of a QB but he can still help Tannehill a lot.

Since they won't be contending for the playoffs anytime soon they might as well keep Devlin as the backup and trade Moore for whatever they can get. Moore looked terrible tonight and throughout the entire preseason.

I think Moore is to well liked (by the players) for this to go easy.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

I think this may be tad excessive. I definitely think he earned the #3 spot, but lacks the experience that we need in the likely event that Tannehill gets hurt behind this O-line or needs a breather. Moore is playing like crap and Garrard is hurt, but either should be able to take over without the steep learning curve Devlin would have.

I also think there is something to be said about having a veteran helping the development of Tannehill in the video room. With Devlin it would be two youngsters with little around them in the way of experience.

Yeah, he can teach Tannehill the NFL divisions and Conferences.

I love moore he is a hell of a guy and a good guy but someone else mentioned that since the team is not going to do much it makes sense to Let Devlin get as much experience as he can.

I dont think he is the #2 but I think he showed tonight he should be on the roster, I think we cut Garrard and keep Devlin as the #3.

I agree. Try and trade Moore, and keep David. He should be getting close to returning.

I think Joe Philbin sees Devlin's improved play and will reward him with a roster spot. He definitely has played better this preseason than sad sack Matt Moore.

I say we keep Moore. We all know he is better than he showed this preseason. Devlin has looked good though.

I think we cut Garrard he is too much of an injury risk. This makes him the odd man out.

One of Moore or Gerrard should not make the 53. I would personally look to shop Moore he has better trade value, if we can't get someone to bite then Gerrard should be cut.

Back
Top Bottom