DeVonta Smith Declines to be weighed or measured at Senior Bowl | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeVonta Smith Declines to be weighed or measured at Senior Bowl

To me it is don't over think type situation. People are just trying to figure out why he is so good but doesn't fit the perfect athletic build. Or people turn a positive into a negative, like when people say well he is just running free you can't do that in the NFL. True but you are not suppose to do that in the SEC either. Sometimes players are just good no matter what.

Very true. I've never watched an NFL game and not seen guys running free. People see it for themselves every Sunday and then turn around and say you can't do it.

He’s smooth and fast. Waddle is the explosive and electric one. I’m sorry, I can’t see Smith doing what he did in college with bigger and faster DBs. Waddle, I can see translating better to the pros.

He’s smooth and fast. Waddle is the explosive and electric one. I’m sorry, I can’t see Smith doing what he did in college with bigger and faster DBs. Waddle, I can see translating better to the pros.
Where are these so called bigger faster DBs? He didn't just tear up some MAC level players. He destroyed the top guys in the SEC. I don't think some people realize just how crazy of a year Smith just had. A little crazy stat I saw the other day of Smith's 117 receptions 85 of them went for a TD or a first down.

Just look at what he did in 1/2 game against (12 rec 215 yards 3td) OSU in the national championship and OSU tends to have quite a few DBs go to the NFL.

Yeah I watched that yesterday. It's about getting good players and Smith is one of the top 5 players in this draft.

BTW "Smith did submit hand (9 3/8 inches), arm (31 1/2) and wingspan (78 1/2) measurements on Tuesday". I really like that wing span. That translates to about a 6'6.5" height on a standard build. That's what we see translate to his large catch radius on the field.
His wingspan also helped him beat press coverage against bigger opponents. Just like lineman with long arms have an advantage bc they can make first contact.

And regarding what you said about it helping his catch radius. In general, I think wingspan doesn't get enough attention with WR's. You don't catch with your head.

Very true. I've never watched an NFL game and not seen guys running free. People see it for themselves every Sunday and then turn around and say you can't do it.
Well Fins receivers dont run all that free... Separation is a myth! And Smith is a ****ing unicorn!

Long time lurker here, I respect the job you all do on here and trust your analysis way more than the "national media".

Slimm was telling us about Smitty years ago and when I watched Alabama last year and this year I couldn't believe how smooth and effortless he was. No matter what a defense throws at him, he's always open. Oh and you better have safety help if you try and jam him, otherwise he's going to hit his head on the goalpost.

Didn't AJ Green have pencil-thin legs? I believe he turned out just fine.

Back
Top Bottom