Devonta Smith playing in Senior bowl! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devonta Smith playing in Senior bowl!

Ouch. I wonder how many DB’s will back out because they don’t want that on tape.

I really don't think teams would hold it against them. He's shaken Stingley Jr. out of his shoes, and he's also blown right by him. No one thinks any of the CB's at the Senior Bowl are anywhere near as good as Stingley Jr. - no offense to any of them.

A good highlight vs Smith would probably outweigh getting beat those other 99 times.

Sucks he won't participate. But this kinda makes me wonder if there is some strategy behind his non-field participation? Especially as it pertains to the Dolphins?
They're coaching the senior bowl, they hold the #3 pick, your name is linked to them, they have Tua etc etc etc.

Smart move..

However, my gut tells no matter how much they like the kid, if an opportunity presents itself to trade down and get more picks that's the #1 thing they're going to do.

Last edited:
EDIT: Saw that he will not be playing because of the finger. Shame, but it makes perfect sense.

ORIGINAL POST: But think about it, the level of talent at the Senior Bowl is not generally 1st round talent, so all those DB's who get to cover him will have a great chance to showcase their skill outside of the scheme of their collegiate defense. Smith has very little to gain and lots to lose, and like @ANUFan said, it is to be commended. But for those DB's ... this is a golden opportunity.

Last edited:
Sucks he won't participate. But this kinda makes me wonder if there is some strategy behind his non-field participation? Especially as it pertains to the Dolphins?
They're coaching the senior bowl, they hold the #3 pick, your name is linked to them, they have Tua etc etc etc.

Smart move..

However, my gut tells no matter how much they like the kid, if an opportunity presents itself to trade down and get more picks that's the #1 thing they're going to do.
Ahhh, didn't realize that. Thanks. Well, guess it's a good move without much risk for Smith if it's just interviews.

But think about it, the level of talent at the Senior Bowl is not generally 1st round talent, so all those DB's who get to cover him will have a great chance to showcase their skill outside of the scheme of their collegiate defense. Smith has very little to gain and lots to lose, and like @ANUFan said, it is to be commended. But for those DB's ... this is a golden opportunity.

There's a tweet that says he won't be participating on the field due to the finger injury. His involvement there will be all things off the field and the tweet specifically mention him interacting with the Miami Dolphins coaching staff. This might be more of a campaigning run that he and his agent put together.

There's a tweet that says he won't be participating on the field due to the finger injury. His involvement there will be all things off the field and the tweet specifically mention him interacting with the Miami Dolphins coaching staff. This might be more of a campaigning run that he and his agent put together.
Sorry I'll fix the original post. Yes I know, moments after I posted that and before you responded I saw it and replied to it. Thanks though. Disappointing that he cannot play, but it's good that he's there regardless.

EDIT: Went back and fixed my original post. Thanks.

Smith is going there for a reason.

The money from Pick 3 to say, pick 7, changes drastically.

I hope he’s being coached by Flo and the Miami coaches. Now need Najee Harris to come play in the Senior bowl as well.

Hmmm, guess he wants to be #3 overall lol......

I'm just ready to get him in to Davie at this point.

His film is my pain relief after watching Heat games during these covid times.

wr at the 3rd pick is not smart move , however a week to evaluate and speak to the young buck speaks volumes...anxious to see where this go's

Back
Top Bottom