Devonta Smith | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devonta Smith

Ahhh yesss!! It’s the “Underwear Olympics” time of year again. 😂
I hate how some people conveniently forget ones football resume and suddenly start judging an athletes projection by how they look compared to what they’ve actually done in games. Too bad heart and football IQ can’t be correlated into quantifiable data.

Smitty's pro day routes are freaking stupid though. The guy is 60 yards down the field on a double move in the time that most guys run a quick out. If you can just Moss everyone on each route, you don't need to be 220.

Here are my serious concerns with with Smith
1. Reports come in he is 155-160lbs.
2. Refuses to weigh in on pro day.
3. Declines to weigh in and workout on the same day.

Anyone that has padded weight knows these are serious red flags.
I used to compete as a Kickboxer and I could easily gain 10-15 LBs but you can't easily do that and fight. That's why weigh-ins are the day before. So you can lose weight then try and get healthy in a day or pig out, drink mass amounts if water without pissing then turn around and instantly shed it because its fake weight.
I don't want a 155lb 6-1 WR. I weighed 155lbs in 8th grade.
Dude looks like a walking pencil.

Its possible he kills it in the NFL but its also possible he gets man-handled.
Edit: wanted to point out that after refusing to weigh in at the Senior Bowl and having 2 months to add weight Smith managed to weigh 170lbs...yikes!!!

Last edited:
Ahhh yesss!! It’s the “Underwear Olympics” time of year again. 😂
I hate how some people conveniently forget ones football resume and suddenly start judging an athletes projection by how they look compared to what they’ve actually done in games. Too bad heart and football IQ can’t be correlated into quantifiable data.
I get your point but a guy like Chase wins the “Underwear Olympics” but he also crushes it on the field.

I think that there is a very good chance that Smith is the pick. Half of FH fixates on him looking skinny rather than looking at his incredible natural talent that leads to big plays. Yes there is some risk because he is slim but the agility and speed are real. Instantly Smith becomes a major problem for opposing Defenses to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom