Devonta Smith | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devonta Smith

You two realize that the NFL is a step up in class? Umm... right?

...and that some dominant college players don't make this jump?

...and you do realize that Alabama plays against teams that can actually match up with them maybe 2-3 times a year, while NFL teams face teams that can beat them every week?

I'm not sure that you understand these things....
Well lately Alabama players seem to have no problem adjusting to the mfl and none of them have been as dominate as Smith.

Well lately Alabama players seem to have no problem adjusting to the mfl and none of them have been as dominate as Smith.
None are as rail thin and unable to gain weight either...

Like I've said many times, I think he'll be a nice WR2. I just don't think he's a top guy, or a red zone threat.

For instance...

Desmond Howard, the last Heisman winning WR scored 32 scrimmage TDs in his last two years of college football, and he added 3 more on returns.

Do you know how many TDs that he scored in his entire NFL career?

Seven.

On the bright side, he got 8 more on returns... so 15 TDs in 11 years.

Stop telling us how dominant he was in college... it doesn't matter. He played on a team that made it very easy for him. Once he reaches the NFL, it might change... focus on that.

We do not 'hate' Smith. We are not 'haters'. We just are not as convinced that he'll make the jump, and we've told you why... we think he lacks core strength, and will have to be schemed open more often than not.
Desmond also won a super bowl MVP so I wouldn't call him a bust. A super bowl MVP and Heisman trophy winner is the best bust you could come.up with lmao.

Desmond also won a super bowl MVP so I wouldn't call him a bust. A super bowl MVP and Heisman trophy winner is the best bust you could come.up with lmao.
Dude... really?

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.

If we take Smith @ 6 and he puts up 15 TDs in 11 years like Desmond Howard did, he'd be one of our bigger busts.

You are arguing just to argue now.

Dude... really?

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.

If we take Smith @ 6 and he puts up 15 TDs in 11 years like Desmond Howard did, he'd be one of our bigger busts.

You are arguing just to argue now.
Fun fact: Easier to play WR now with these rules while being small than Desmond Howard had to deal with.

Not much...there are plenty of people here and all over that think it's odd he doesn't run and alarming and wanna know what he runs.

Great player. Wish him well.

Maybe you should check out the other message boards, if you really thinkyou're I am the only one "Harping" on this!
When do you have time to go to other message boards? You're here 24/7

Back
Top Bottom