Devonta Smith | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devonta Smith

I tell you I believe Flores wants this kid.

Let's say we grab him. Where does he play? Who goes to the bench?

You figure Parker is on one side. Which leaves the other side and the slot! Do you put Fuller on the other side and Smith in the slot or the vice-versa?

Let's say we grab him. Where does he play? Who goes to the bench?

You figure Parker is on one side. Which leaves the other side and the slot! Do you put Fuller on the other side and Smith in the slot or the vice-versa?
Maybe parker gets traded. :shrug:

Devonta to Mack Hollins: “oh this? It’s called a Juggs machine. Go ahead try it!”

The 3 yards per carry guys talked about he catches 100 balls on both sides. The left and right before every game. Supposedly his work ethic is legendary!

Makes me wonder what the hell a guy like Grant is doing or isn’t doing? I’m not sure his hands has improved much since he’s been here.

Last edited:
His damn hands are so much better than I initially realize. He catches everything!
Jmo that is a hell of a catch right here, it’s that sour spot of either pronating or supinating your hands to make that catch, high degree of difficulty.usually a player will try and cradle that type of pass.

Last edited:
The 3 yards per carry guys talked about he catches 100 balls on both sides. The left and right before every game. Supposedly his work ethic is legendary!

Makes me wonder what the hell a guy like Grant is doing or isn’t doing.

maxresdefault.jpg

I do not watch a lot of college football in the past, but I have been watching more lately, when I did watch Alabama when Tua was there, he had Juedy, Waddle, Ruggs, and when Tua needed a big play he threw to this kid name Smith. They seemed to be on the page. I saw Juedy drop important catches and then Tua would throw to this guy Smith who would take it in for a td. I think Tua has a weird spin on his throws that makes it hard for some w/os to catch. Smith seems to be able to handle it. I want Pitts at 6, and would love if we could get Smith as well somehow. That being said adding Smith to our w/os at 6 is not the end of the world. Smith, Parker, Fuller, Williams. When healthy a dcs nightmare

I do not watch a lot of college football in the past, but I have been watching more lately, when I did watch Alabama when Tua was there, he had Juedy, Waddle, Ruggs, and when Tua needed a big play he threw to this kid name Smith. They seemed to be on the page. I saw Juedy drop important catches and then Tua would throw to this guy Smith who would take it in for a td. I think Tua has a weird spin on his throws that makes it hard for some w/os to catch. Smith seems to be able to handle it. I want Pitts at 6, and would love if we could get Smith as well somehow. That being said adding Smith to our w/os at 6 is not the end of the world. Smith, Parker, Fuller, Williams. When healthy a dcs nightmare
Lefties have a weird Spin in general..most elite QB's all time have been righties...even Randy Moss said he hated catching passes from lefties..but it's okay..Steve Young did 'alright'..Tua will be fin and if he fails it won't be because he's a leftie, that's for sure!

I don't think Miami is targeting one player. I think they will be good with any of the top 4 receiving studs, you can't really go wrong. By coming up to 6 they are sure to get one of them. I saw a mock from Lance Zierling, or something like that, on the NFL channel. They had Pitts going at #11 and that very well may happen. I think we're sitting in a very nice position to greatly improve our offense early in this draft. But, we can't get cute or we'll outsmart ourselves and we'll allow other teams to get the elite playmakers. This is the draft where we must land some studs that become Pro Bowl Players. We need guys that opposing defenses have to stay up nights worrying about!! Then we picked the right guy. I still think Smith will be there and we won't hesitate at #6. At #18 it's time for Etienne or Najee, screw around here and you'll get neither and we'll have to settle for a less talented player. In this new offense the RB touches the ball VERY often and is key to making the whole thing work. I want the best player not Danial Jerimiah's 9th best RB. The temptation will be to go LBer at #18, Flo loves his new toys! We'll see soon enough what will happen.
BSQ you nailed it. I am ok with any of the big pass catchers [I really want the Slim Reaper] We must follow up with Najee 18 ...we can be set at RB. This could also set us up for Super Bowl caliber offense.

Smith was the #1 WR with 3 other 1st rounders on his team and Tua as QB... He was also the Heisman with no WRs on his team and Mac jones as his QB
He has done it in every single way to not be questioned. IMO
Questioning his lack of weight is okay, to me. Not many 165lb-175lb WR's have been dominant in the NFL..but he can certainly be an exception to this perceived "Slight"..the "Slim Reaper" is definitely legit...time will tell how it plays out! Good luck to the young man!

Back
Top Bottom