Dez Bryant To Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dez Bryant To Dolphins?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I do not know what to say about this speculation other than WOW.o_O I do not who the Sportster is , but I guess anything is possible. I think there is about a 0.00002% chance of this happening. I like the last lines of this article where he says, "Having Bryant in a stacked AFC East division would be huge for the Dolphins, and they need a player of his caliber if they're to rebound from a disappointing 2017 campaign. Bryant shouldn't be on the market much longer, and it's up to the Dolphins to make a deal happen.":laugh

1 Signing: Dez Bryant To Dolphins
USA_bryant.jpg

Jason Getz-USA TODAY Sports

The Dallas Cowboys made a shocking offseason transaction and opted to cut Dez Bryant, who had eight productive seasons with America's Team. But given his age (30 in the winter), declining production and recent injury history, the cap-strapped Cowboys decided it was time to bid farewell. Surprisingly, Bryant has yet to find a new home. Maybe he's not as fast and athletic as he used to be, but his incredible size and hands make Bryant a game-changer on any day of the week.

When it comes to looking at new teams, the Miami Dolphins look like the best fit for Bryant. They need a new wide receiver after trading Jarvis Landry to Cleveland in the offseason. Thus far, Danny Amendola is the only impact free agent they've added, and the returning Ryan Tannehill needs plenty of support around him. The Dolphins should look at giving Bryant a rather cheap one or two-year deal, with bonus incentives. Having Bryant in a stacked AFC East division would be huge for the Dolphins, and they need a player of his caliber if they're to rebound from a disappointing 2017 campaign. Bryant shouldn't be on the market much longer, and it's up to the Dolphins to make a deal happen.

https://www.thesportster.com/footba...gs-that-will-happen-before-pre-season-begins/

that would be good sign. if we got money.... it would help thill17 out as will.

He wants too much money. At leat that is I had heard from a Cowboys buddy of my why they cut him. He wouldn't take a pay cut.

No one is making you read his threads.

The problem is he posts actual articles too, which are interesting and have actual information and there’s no way to distinguish between the 2 until you open them.

If they aren't will to put up with Jarvis and Ajayi then why in the world would they bring in Dez?

Also, what skillsets does Dez bring that we're in desperate need of to risk team chemistry going forward?

I read an analysis apparently by the Cowboys themselves that he no longer had the explosiveness off the line nor the elevation to snare those jump balls that made him so effective in his prime. He turned down a legit Ravens offer, thinking he'll get more, but essentially I'd rather have Parker or Stills as my #s 1 and 2 receivers. Plus he's been a clubhouse cancer in the past. So thanks but no thanks.

Now if this relatively unknown blogger is being paid by his agent to perpetuate this kind of crap, hoping to create a market where none obviously exists, it wouldn't be the first time an agent tried manipulating teams to the benefit of his client,.

Funny thing, the author doesn't even acknowledge Devante Parker in his blurb. And why should he? Parker has been non existent since he came to us. Bryant can still do (Probably) what we wanted Parker to do, go up and grab the ball out of the air. Neither needs to be a great route runner or burner. Parker has shown nothing, and Bryant may still be able to deliver on jump balls.
Now, this will never happen because of money and locker room culture consistency, but Parker needs to be challenged at this spot. Someone, Bryant or other needs to come in and try to take Parker's job away.
If Gase is who he says he is, then the best man should be our no.1 receiver, not the one who was picked highest in the draft. Move on or deliver Devante. The time is now in 2018.

BTW, last thing. If Parker is serious about his craft then he needs to get with Amendola now and shadow him throughout TC.

that would be good sign. if we got money.... it would help thill17 out as will.

I disagree, my friend....Bryant is a shell of his former self...we are building team chemistry with a touch of speed added...Bryant contributes nothing to either of those traits IMO...he MAY be a good possession receiver that is used in (mainly) red zone opportunities...for a contender that could use him as needed...

No thanks to relying on a player with declining skills to take away opportunities from Amendola, Wilson, Grant ....I would rather go with the younger, faster guys...I know Amendola is older but his attitude vs. Bryant?...nope

Back
Top Bottom