Dez Bryant To Dolphins?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, May 18, 2018.

1. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

I do not know what to say about this speculation other than WOW.o_O I do not who the Sportster is , but I guess anything is possible. I think there is about a 0.00002% chance of this happening. I like the last lines of this article where he says, "Having Bryant in a stacked AFC East division would be huge for the Dolphins, and they need a player of his caliber if they're to rebound from a disappointing 2017 campaign. Bryant shouldn't be on the market much longer, and it's up to the Dolphins to make a deal happen.":laugh

1 Signing: Dez Bryant To Dolphins
    [​IMG]
    Jason Getz-USA TODAY Sports

The Dallas Cowboys made a shocking offseason transaction and opted to cut Dez Bryant, who had eight productive seasons with America's Team. But given his age (30 in the winter), declining production and recent injury history, the cap-strapped Cowboys decided it was time to bid farewell. Surprisingly, Bryant has yet to find a new home. Maybe he's not as fast and athletic as he used to be, but his incredible size and hands make Bryant a game-changer on any day of the week.

When it comes to looking at new teams, the Miami Dolphins look like the best fit for Bryant. They need a new wide receiver after trading Jarvis Landry to Cleveland in the offseason. Thus far, Danny Amendola is the only impact free agent they've added, and the returning Ryan Tannehill needs plenty of support around him. The Dolphins should look at giving Bryant a rather cheap one or two-year deal, with bonus incentives. Having Bryant in a stacked AFC East division would be huge for the Dolphins, and they need a player of his caliber if they're to rebound from a disappointing 2017 campaign. Bryant shouldn't be on the market much longer, and it's up to the Dolphins to make a deal happen.

https://www.thesportster.com/footba...gs-that-will-happen-before-pre-season-begins/

Ray R likes this.
  2. Locke

Locke They looked like strong hands.

Dude. You’ve got to stop posting fan blogs.

3. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Shifty Gold Administrator Finheaven VIP

He wants too much money. At leat that is I had heard from a Cowboys buddy of my why they cut him. He wouldn't take a pay cut.

No one is making you read his threads.

4. randomname

randomname A True Fan

To be fair, this is the second time I've seen an article by this "sportster" posted here, and both articles were completely retarded.

5. 39wildman

39wildman A True Fan

that would be good sign. if we got money.... it would help thill17 out as will.

Ray R likes this.
  6. Jonathan Shaw

Jonathan Shaw Active Member

Tbh I don't think we really need him.

7. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

I hate his attitude, but more importantly his declining skills and contract demands tell me to stay away from this guy.

Ray R, GUH-sick-EE, Greer17 and 2 others like this.
  8. Locke

The problem is he posts actual articles too, which are interesting and have actual information and there’s no way to distinguish between the 2 until you open them.

Ray R, GUH-sick-EE and Thumper1016 like this.
  9. ANUFan

ANUFan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

If they aren't will to put up with Jarvis and Ajayi then why in the world would they bring in Dez?

Also, what skillsets does Dez bring that we're in desperate need of to risk team chemistry going forward?

Ray R, dolpns13, GUH-sick-EE and 5 others like this.
  10. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

I read an analysis apparently by the Cowboys themselves that he no longer had the explosiveness off the line nor the elevation to snare those jump balls that made him so effective in his prime. He turned down a legit Ravens offer, thinking he'll get more, but essentially I'd rather have Parker or Stills as my #s 1 and 2 receivers. Plus he's been a clubhouse cancer in the past. So thanks but no thanks.

Now if this relatively unknown blogger is being paid by his agent to perpetuate this kind of crap, hoping to create a market where none obviously exists, it wouldn't be the first time an agent tried manipulating teams to the benefit of his client,.

Ray R, BSQ, Superself and 6 others like this.
  11. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

2018, we’re still using this term to describe poor quality?

12. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Join VIP bro, and or post your own articles.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    superphin and DisturbedShifty like this.
  13. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

Seriously. Fan blogs are not sources. Most of them are straight garbage.

Fintastic2124 likes this.
  14. zach attach

zach attach A True Fan Donator

Funny thing, the author doesn't even acknowledge Devante Parker in his blurb. And why should he? Parker has been non existent since he came to us. Bryant can still do (Probably) what we wanted Parker to do, go up and grab the ball out of the air. Neither needs to be a great route runner or burner. Parker has shown nothing, and Bryant may still be able to deliver on jump balls.
    Now, this will never happen because of money and locker room culture consistency, but Parker needs to be challenged at this spot. Someone, Bryant or other needs to come in and try to take Parker's job away.
    If Gase is who he says he is, then the best man should be our no.1 receiver, not the one who was picked highest in the draft. Move on or deliver Devante. The time is now in 2018.

BTW, last thing. If Parker is serious about his craft then he needs to get with Amendola now and shadow him throughout TC.

jnozag likes this.
  15. mwestberry

mwestberry FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I disagree, my friend....Bryant is a shell of his former self...we are building team chemistry with a touch of speed added...Bryant contributes nothing to either of those traits IMO...he MAY be a good possession receiver that is used in (mainly) red zone opportunities...for a contender that could use him as needed...

No thanks to relying on a player with declining skills to take away opportunities from Amendola, Wilson, Grant ....I would rather go with the younger, faster guys...I know Amendola is older but his attitude vs. Bryant?...nope

16. crumpdaddy

crumpdaddy FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

caroo's *** should be the one trying to push for that spot if dvp cant fill it. hes had the door left open for him for 2 years now

Ray R likes this.
  17. illscriptures

illscriptures We need better LB's

Borderline delusional to say this. At this point Carroo has shown no ability to challenge any receiver on this roster. He is as good as cut this year.

18. crumpdaddy

I guess I should've said Caroo's (tail) SHOULD HAVE BEEN the one trying to push him. I know he hasn't shown anything, you know he hasn't, pretty much everyone knows he hasn't, but with what the team invested in him, he should've at least been trying to bust through the door. its not his fault he was drafted to a team already deep at WR, that was stupid on our part. And I think Carroo could slide thru one more year DVP, Stills, Amend, Wilson, Grant, Caroo, Ford can be stashed on PS one more season

19. jazz015

jazz015 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Limited route tree and that Lisfranc fracture was enough to limit his effectiveness. Sad because he was a hell of player when healthy. It's a pass because of that

Ray R and Digital like this.
  20. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

no thanks

21. zach attach

zach attach A True Fan Donator

All those guys you mention should have been working to make the top, but it remains what it is. On Caroo, he has had ample opportunities to be no.1, and I'm glad he's not cut yet for these reasons. One is because we have a set of new coaches here this year. Maybe one can get Caroo what he's missing in teaching. Another reason, and this goes for all of them as well, is the presence of Amendola. If Danny can show these guys proper preparation and skill development, maybe there's a chance. Lastly, if the Parkers and Caroos can't respond favorably this year, we need to go get an Alpha no.1. Either draft or trade, but it needs to happen.

Ray R and crumpdaddy like this.
  22. Dolfan23

Dolfan23 A True Fan

Wouldn't that be better used to describe poor quality or something that makes no sense... than to describe a human being who's different in some sort of way? I don't mind some of these PC principal terms being frowned upon when still being used today, but this one is one where I think it's a bit re-ummmwellyeah to still want it to refer to a person vs being used in casual conversation to describe something weird.

randomname likes this.
  23. crumpdaddy

I know its a lot to ask of a rookie, but maybe an alpha TE makes the alpha wr not as important ;) <cough> Gesicki better be this <cough>

Ray R likes this.
  24. Csonked Out

Csonked Out FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Bryant just needs to go to Green Bay already. How many receivers do we need anyway

Ray R and crumpdaddy like this.
  25. Blake the great

Blake the great A True Fan

We get rid of our diva players and bring in the biggest diva? (outside OBJ) ...... never goina happen.

Ray R, Digital, royalshank and 2 others like this.
  26. Fin Fan in Cali

I would rather keep our WR's and TE's as I think we have a very good mix right now. I believe the ball will be spread around a lot more rather than through just one player.

27. Andyman

Andyman Canadian Fin Fan

I guess blog writer missed the Albert Wilson signing and the roster "cleansing" Miami has been trying to accomplish this offseason. Where on earth would Bryant fit into this deep receiving corps anyways? His skills have eroded badly and me thinks that doesn't get better as you age.

outlawd2u and crumpdaddy like this.
  28. Feverdream

Feverdream Active Member

Hell no.

29. Locke

Snarky comments from prominent members is a great way to get me to fork over money for VIP.

jnozag and Bufeo like this.
  30. FINatic054

FINatic054 Scout Team

Pass. He's garbage now. I had him in fantasy last season . Dude is slow... can't separate.

Vaark likes this.
  31. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

Truer words have never been spoken

[​IMG]

Ray R and mwestberry like this.
  32. Eesti

Eesti Rookie Finheaven VIP

Watching All or Nothing on the Cowboys, it sure seems like no one around him really likes him that much. He's always talking and you can see people just walk away from him. Clearly lost a step and has trouble getting separation. Coaches talked about it.

Ray R likes this.
  33. 39wildman

39wildman A True Fan

yes he may have lost step but he is still better than every wide receiver on dolphins team. the only problem I see with dez. might be with coaches.. for one yr deal I would bring him in...you can get 2 to 3 good yr out of dez.

Ray R likes this.
  34. circumstances

circumstances Starter Finheaven VIP

can we remake the three amigos and sign Dez, Ocho and TO?

Digital likes this.
  35. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer Tape Guys vs Analytics Guys Finheaven VIP Donator

I'm not a fan of telling people they can't post material from X or Y website, but I agree that this is a pretty low effort fan blog.

Ray R likes this.
  36. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I'd hope that this would never happen. We wanted to change the culture. Bringing him in would not be changing that culture. On top of that he's not even that good anymore plus he'll want to much money.

Ray R and miamiron like this.
  37. outlawd2u

outlawd2u Pro Bowler

Ehh... I don't know about that. Parker has had some great plays for us where he's gone up and highpointed the ball. That's not his issue at all. And besides... Gesicki has every bit of the skill set and ability to come down with those plays as Parker or bryant anyway.

38. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

No room in the WR locker room , expensive , beat up, attitude, pass.

miamiron likes this.
  39. crumpdaddy

And Andy as bad as this sounds. I think the Wilson signing is a little under the radar. I was excited about it, watching his highlights. but the sad truth is, if you scroll up or read where I talked about Caroo making team and listed the 6 WR's I thought would make it, I initially typed Wright and then went back and edited it to Wilson. Me and one of my buds were having a deep talk about the school shooting so ill blame my mind not being in place, but honestly I couldn't even remember his last name and ive been a fan for 35 years

40. Fin Fan in Cali

My comment was not snarky. Sorry if you took it that way. My thought was a positive one.

As you are a long time member and I just thought you would want to help support the site. No big deal if you choose not to.

Fins1971, fishfanmiami and royalshank like this.