DGB Perspective from Columbia, MO (Mizzou Tiger Land) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DGB Perspective from Columbia, MO (Mizzou Tiger Land)

Fintastical

Active Roster
Reaction score
Hello All,

Just wanted to say hi from Columbia, MO and talk about DGB for a minute. First and foremost, I'll tell you I'm not a talent scout, a fortune teller, or a draftnik. I'm purely basing my opinion on first-hand knowledge of Dorial Green-Beckum because we're both from the same area, he attended school the year after I graduated from Mizzou, I still live in Columbia currently, I've watched him with my own eyes, and we know many of the same people.

That said...

DGB is a great, great talent. He's tall, fast, good after the catch, and uses his body to attack the ball in flight. Much like other people have said, he's a perfect athletic specimen and talent isn't one of his issues.

On the flip side, he's far more of a basket case than I think most of you realize. He got kicked out of school because of many, many issues, most of which I don't believe have been addressed outside of the local area here. He's had problems with drugs, influential friends, money issues, theft, and the straw that broke the camel's back, domestic violence.

I have to admit I was a huge fan when he came to Mizzou, because he was a local guy, was a top three player in the country at the time, and because he could flat out ball. But I'm telling you, he's a bad choice just waiting to happen. I'd love to be wrong, but if you're in the DGB boat, you're putting a lot of stock in a guy that's got more red flags than you know.

Again, just my opinion, and I'm sure people will hate it or say something like I'm irrelevant, but there it is.

(I'd still love to eat my words)

I heard Pat Kirwan on Sirius NFL radio say something very similar. He said that he wouldn't even consider DGB as a 1st round prospect because the risk is too great. Some team will take a bet on him but I strongly doubt that it will be the Dolphins. He has major red flags re drugs, violence and complete lack of discipline.

On the flip side, he's far more of a basket case than I think most of you realize. He got kicked out of school because of many, many issues, most of which I don't believe have been addressed outside of the local area here. He's had problems with drugs, influential friends, money issues, theft, and the straw that broke the camel's back, domestic violence.

I've been saying for awhile, what we hear about is usually only the tip of the iceberg.

But on this forum, the love affair is so strong for him, people here will ignore it all and continue to make excuses up for him. Its become like the abused wives club around here, the way some people here make excuses up for him.

People also don't realize how freaking insanely hard it is for a football athletes like him to get kicked out of "football schools".

Great post and insight, thanks!! I am VERY high on his size/speed ratio and overall football abilities on the field, and think he could be a complete FREAK and nightmare matchup. With that said however, based on all I have heard lately and your post, I would not touch him in the first. Character plays such a high role at the NFL level and will eventually be the tell-all in a career. Thanks again.

One of the most "overrated" prospects this board has ever clamored for.

"Raw" as hell . . . and for a guy his size, he's pretty weak. Very limited route runner. His hands are average. He's a few years away.

Athletic specimen, sure, but mainly because of his height. There are several guys who'd I consider "more athletic" than him and a bunch of guys whose impact would be far greater than him in 2015. We don't have time to wait on on WR in hopes of him becoming a great player. Funny thing is, people would be praising Hickey if he took a chance . . . yet slamming him when DGB has little to no impact in his first season . . . or 2nd one.

I swear people are taking 2 inches like it's the holy grail for a WR. Most of the great WRs are in that 6'2 to to 6'4 range. Guys his height "rarely" become elite. He's not Megatron . . . please stop using that.

Without the character concerns he's not a fit at 14 . . . with them, forget about it.

I'm starting to like Strong too. Just don't know if I like him at the 14th pick but I also don't think he'll be there if we trade back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thinkn his talent is overrated. Couldnt run a slant for a big play when most needed. granted they were expecting the ball to go to him but still, just not the impact people think because of his size and speed.

People who would rather have Strong I agree with. He actually fits more what we need in this offense. So he wont be the blazer excellent route runner, but he can move the chains pretty well and gives us the red zone threat.....but I wouldnt take him at 14.

Trade down and get some value and now we are talking.

Back
Top Bottom